Low Profile

"The Score, Run Like a Rebel." I hope you guys enjoy, as usual I don't own the song or video. As usual just a song Iij was listening to while writing this chapter. Enjoy!

Warning contains mentions of torture.

-----------------

Lyra's POV

I wish I was wrong but there wasn't a doubt in my mind.

"They're crazy, mom. I mean look how they're dressed!" The kid argued.

Did we really look that crazy?

No, I'm getting off topic.

"You know how dangerous that is! You know what would happen if THEY caught you earthbending!"

"Open up!" A voice ordered as someone knocked hard on the door.

I froze but held my attack back making a blade of ice behind my back.

"Firenation, act natural!" Sokka ordered urgently he glanced out the shutters.

As the women opened the door I pretended to be browsing the shelves.

Aang was leaning on a bucket which fell through covering his hand in the odd substance.

"What do you want? I've already paid you this week!" The woman questioned.

"The tax just doubled. Wouldn't want an accident would we? Fire so hard to control..." the soldier threatened.

I finched taking a step back as I felt the heat on my face.

It reminded me....

The fire burning on my face like acid burning through my skin....

My mother screaming, and the thump of her body falling to the floor, ridden with a look of intense horror, and then the sound of her body being thrown away into the deep blue ocean below.

I didn't realize I had stopped breathing as a panic attack enclosed my heart.

I didn't realize until Katara snapped me out of it, and the soldier was gone.

"But Haru's an earthbender, he can help!" Katara protested.

"Earthbending is forbidden its caused nothing but misery for his village. He must never use his abilities." The mom stated with a frown.

"How can you say that? Haru has a gift. Asking him not to earthbend is like asking me not to waterbend, it's a part of who we are." Katara encouraged.

I shook my head, I knew exactly where this was going.

"You don't understand."

"I understand that Haru can help you fight back, what can the firenation do that they haven't done already?" Katara pushed.

I put my hand on her shoulder pulling her back.

"Katara don't." I ordered quietly.

"Your sister gets it. She knows well enough the consequences of defying the firenation. They could take Haru away like they took his father." The woman agreed with me.

Haru looked away painfully as the words etched at a open wound.

-------

The woman was kind enough to allow us to sleep in their large barn.

I tucked into bed laying above the scratchy hay.

I tossed and turned as the others fell asleep.

The days events lay fresh on my mind as flashbacks filled my thoughts.

Eventually I gave up and made my way towards the shop.

I opened the door and was hit with a wave of warmth, and compfort.

"Hey- uh- what's your name?" Haru asked.

"Lyra." I answered simply.

"You can sit down, Lyra." The mom offered patting the seat beside her.

I nodded gratefully.

Sevral minutes passed and we dranks some cups of tea saying simple conversation and joked lightly.

I heard a knock at the door and Haru went to answer it.

"Must be the othe-" I began but was stopped by the voice of the old man,

"That's him! That's the earthbender!" The old man pointed.

Soldiers moved in to grab Haru when I pulled the water in my pouch to make knifes connected at my wrists.

"Leave him alone!" I ordered and put myself in front of Haru.

The soldiers glaced between eachother as I pushed Haru behind me.

They nodded in silent decision as I was tackled.

"Haru! Run!" I ordered as he nodded urgently.

He didn't have a chance as he too was caught.

"What do we do with the girl, sir?" The lower soldier asked as he heated his hands to stop me from getting away.

"Take her to the brig, I'm sure the warden will enjoy breaking her in, in no time." The soldier stated as I struggled more.

"Lyra, no!" Haru protested.

I struggled until a hand came down at my neck knocking me out.

----------

I woke up with soldiers holdingme down.

I couldn't move.

The air was so dry even through I could smell the salt in the air.

"Well, well, well, she lives. I worried they'd killed you. That would've been such a disappointment...

This man was sick, I couldn't even see him.

I struggled against the guards which pressed me against the floor.

The warden held a pot of tea as I gulped in anticipation.

"Thirsty?" He taunted as he took a sip "ah, so refreshing. Would you like some? Actually nevermind I just ran out. What a shame, you'll never be nothing more than a filthy step for people. You aren't even worth the dirt below my feet." The warden stated and pulled fire from his hands making me struggled against the guards.

"Maybe if you're good I'll let you outside with the others.." he offered as I spat at the ground beneath him.

"Are you done, princess? Also by the way, Fuck you" I growled and kicked my left foot free.

The warden sounded pissed,

"Turn her around." He ordered.

The soldiers tugged me backwards and I was forced to my knees.

I heard gasps from below as I realized this was hearing distance to the rest of the prisoners.

"Lyra!" Katara and Haru screamed in alarm.

Wait, Katara?!

"Let her be an example of people who defy the firenation!" The warden yelled.

The warden sent down a wave of fire... this wasn't over.

----------

Sooo new chapter, I hope you guys enjoyed I left you on a bit of a cliffhanger it'll be okay I promise. But I'll update again soon stay safe and healthy, until next time. Have a good day my Bookworms!
-Rose