Part 13

A faintest smile crossed Akaashi's face as the door clicked from your room. It felt as if a weight was lifted from his shoulders, he no longer had the burden of knowing that he hurt you anymore. Something inside of him was gnawing at him, telling him that an apology wasn't good enough. He needed to show you that he was better than he was before. He wasn't as cold as he was before he was ready to open up to you. He was ready to let you in, and he wasn't going to hold back anymore.

When you and Akaashi dated there was a part of himself that he kept hidden from you. When he was with you he always put his best foot forward. He never wanted you to see him whenever he was at his worst. So he pushed himself to never be at his worst. He forced all of the bad deep inside of him, so that they would never see the light of day. It was draining and exhausting, but it was worth it. It was worth seeing the smile on your face.

You always told him, he could come to you if you needed someone to talk to. Akaashi couldn't bring himself to do it though, he was supposed to be the strong one in the relationship. He couldn't break down, he couldn't afford it. If he broke down that meant that everything would go crumbling with him. That included you, he couldn't have that you were too precious to him. You were fragile like glass, Akaashi wouldn't know what to do if he chipped your surface. It felt like he was walking on a tightrope with sharks waiting for him below.

That night when you two fought, it felt as if everything was piling it was too much for him to handle. He was on the edge, and school was pushing him to jump. His parents have been on his ass because he had two B's. They were always making backhanded remarks. Akaashi loved his parents. They wanted the best for him, but sometimes they chose really shitty timing.

When you left his house that night he felt everything crumble. It felt like he was trying to stop sand from slipping from his fingers.

He had nobody to blame but himself.

But...

This time would be different, he was ready to let you in. He wasn't going to hold himself back anymore. He was going to get you back, and he was never going to let you go again.

He could still feel your arms around him, the scent of your sweet perfume haunted him. He was ready for you to come home to him.

As he entered the cafeteria, he got his tray of food that was waiting for him. Making his way over to Bokuto he takes a seat next to him. Tuning out all conversation, only able to think of the e/c eyed woman that he still loved.

The cafeteria doors creaked open catching the settlers attention. Shuffling through the doors you awkwardly grab your tray, making your way to an empty table.

Furrowing his brows he continues to watch you, Why were you sitting by yourself? You looked lonely, Akaashi knew that sometimes you got shy. Even if you knew people like the back of your hand, you still got shy around them.

You always thought of yourself as a burden, he probably didn't help. After what he said, "YOU ARE LIKE A LEECH YOU SUCK EVERYTHING OUT OF A MAN GOD DAMN." It haunted him, thinking back to that night made him want to curl up in a corner. Shutting his eyes tightly, Akaashi clears his throat standing up from his spot. His chair screeched, ripping through the cafeteria.

All eyes went on him as he picked up his tray and headed towards you. The only sound in the cafeteria was his footsteps. You were hunched over scrolling through your phone, shoveling food in your mouth. Putting his tray on his table, your eye snapped up to face Akaashi.

"Oh hey 'Kaashi." You say nonchalantly.

Sitting down, Akaashi locks eyes with you, "Hello." he smiles.

You awkwardly shuffle in your chair, you could feel the everyones eyes in the cafeteria staring at the two of you. Just then a ping came from your phone, looking down you quickly unlocked it.

Levochka

Do I need to save you?

Looking up from your phone you look up at the Nekoma table, where most of the boys look at you intently. Watching your every move. Lev's green eyes were filled with worry, his brows furrowed.

Send him a small smile, you mouth, "I'm fine." before pocketing your phone. You watched as his body relaxed in his chair as he brought his attention back to his food.

Looking back to Akaashi he continues to eat his food, not letting the others stare to him.

Letting out a breath you continue to eat your food. There was silence between the two of you, until you heard the chairs at the table you were sitting at slide across the tile. Looking up there was Kurro, Bokuto and Kenma making themselves comfortable.

"Hey guys, how's it going?" Bokuto starts smiling at you.

"What are we talking about?" Kuroo wonders, scooting himself closer to the table.

You shrug your shoulders, placing your chopsticks on top of your finished food, "Nothing."  you reply leaning back in your chair.

"What are you guys doing here?" Akaashi said plainly, looking around at the other boys at the table.

"The two of you looked like you needed some company." Kuroo says in an innocent voice, slinging his arm around your chair. The other boy's eyes widened at this gesture. You merely scroll on your phone chuckling at the funny videos playing on the screen.

"Hey y/n?" Kenma speaks up, catching your attention.

"What's up Kenma?" You look up from your phone at the blond setter.

"Have I shown you the new game I got a couple days ago?"

Tilting your head you try to think, "No, I don't think you have."

"Let's go back to the team room and I will show you." he finishes getting up from his seat.

"Alright." Following suit you slide out of your chair and catch up to Kenma.

"You are walking slow."

"Sorry, I like to take my time." You roll your eyes playfully, walking faster to match his pace.

"Here." He says before entwining his hand in yours.

As the two of you walk out of the cafeteria the other boys watch dumbfounded all thinking the same thing.

"This is war."

A/n

Surprise shawtyyyy here is an early update! Who do you guys ship y/n with? Please leave your thoughts! If y'all ever need anything my Pms are open!