Part 22

Waking up the next morning after seeing Akaashi was different. It was like the anchor on your ship was lifted. You were ready to sail wherever you wanted. It was scary, where were you going? What landmark were you going to see first?

Rubbing your eyes you sat up in bed looking out the window. The weight was finally gone... it was gone. It was bittersweet. There was nothing pulling your back to square one, nobody in the back of your mind.

╔────── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.──────╗

"I will wait for you, if there is ever a time where we get to try again... I will not mess it up this time." Standing up from his spot Akaashi turns his head away from you. "You should go to bed y/n, we have to get up in the morning." He said in a soft voice.

With that he walked away, leaving you to by yourself with your own thoughts and regrets.

You couldn't help but think of what you could have done better? The answer was nothing, there is nothing you could have done better. There was nothing you could do now, the damage was done.

Sitting on the blanket you pulled your knees closer to your chest. You don't know how long you were sitting there, nor did you know when the tears stopped.

Letting out a breath you stood up from your spot.

Waking back to the dorms was nothing like the movies. The two words you would use to describe the walk are awkward and anticlimactic. There was no rain, no dramatic love confession, not even a slap. Nope nothing. Instead it consisted of crickets chirping in your ear as you try not to get your blanket tangled up in stickers.

The scene itself was probably not your biggest issue at the moment, but you had to distract yourself from the pain somehow. So, if that meant worrying about the theatrics of it all then that's what you would do. What else was there? Wallow in sadness and heartbreak? I mean yea if you were musically inclined you could write millions of songs about this, but unfortunately you're not. Sucks you can't profit off heartache.

As the door to your room clicked behind you, making your way to the bed you take a seat on the edge. Folding the blanket close to your chest, you let out a breath.

What now?

╚────── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.──────╝

Making your way to the dining hall you looked around the campus, everything felt like it had shifted. Like the world was tipped off its axis, you could look at it from a negative standpoint or a positive. Right now you were indifferent, you didn't want to make that decision. If you made that decision it would be final, it would be written in stone. That kind of commitment scared you.

You were one of the first to arrive, everyone chose to sleep in since it was the last day. You didn't blame them, playing volleyball non-stop for a week? No thank you, the bench looked way nicer.

Setting your tray down you kept your head down as you slowly shoveled your breakfast into your mouth. It felt like your limbs weighed a million pounds, everything you did felt so extra.

"Good morning!" A voice said above you. Without looking up you mutter a quick good morning.

"Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed, chipper up, it's the last day of camp." It took a second for you to recognize the voice as Lev's.