ninety

the knock on the door startles him off the letter his son had sent him, Clifford running straight to the door. louis hadn't seen his son in close to three months (the only issue with being london-based and now that he'd finally managed to settle down in new york he decided to request his son come be with him for the month – matilde had been ecstatic, delighted that they'd not only have a dog but a baby [which she still thought of his five-year-old son as] as well while harry had started to maniacally baby-proof the house) and every small moment he could get was precious. his dog continues to bark at the door.

"down lad, c'mon, let me see who it is." it wasn't as though he'd been expecting anyone – harry was somewhere downtown doing fittings for a show and matilde would be arriving late because of some script changes. and most of their friends would text or call before making their way over. he heats up when he looks through the peephole, throwing the door open, ready to attack. "the fuck are you doing here?", voice so angry and rough it comes out as a growl. clifford, behind him looks at the man at the door like he too is ready to pounce.

"she left this at my place, i came to return it." louis can't tell if he is smug that he's made it this far or disappointed that the wrong person came to greet him. sebastian is undoubtedly taller than him and far more built, yet louis is fully prepared to throw punches if needed. "she's not home, just hand it over. and leave." he reaches for the box, ripping it off the older man's hands, who smirks, clearly enjoying getting louis so riled up.

as he puts the box on the tall marble desk harry had placed on the foyer, the taller man starts snickering. "you know, i noticed." louis furrows his brows as small wrinkles form on his forehead. sebastian holds a proud-like position, hands in his jacket's pockets, head held high. "the way your eyes would lingers, how harry would always manage to touch her. i noticed."

louis wants him out, away, far from where he can harm the woman he loves. far from them. there's no need for him to vocalize that thought, as seconds later the man just scoffs once more, turning his back and starting to make his way down the staircase. but not without getting the satisfaction of his last words. "oh and please, let her know that in there is a letter. from my lawyers."

he closes the door violently, once more. grabs the box and wonders where he should toss it. he can't – she deserves the right to make her decision based on whatever his lawyers had to say, she deserved not to be left in the dark by someone she trusted. and so, he leaves it in the kitchen peninsula, right before grabbing a beer, and his guitar, sitting on the far-left balcony and lighting up a cigarette. for the moment, writing would be enough. 

☁️☁️☁️☁️

a.n.: heyyyy how are you today babes? leave me your thoughts and opinions, you know i love to read them!

also, out of curiosity, how did you find this book? love you!