sixty-six

"well, you're good to go. head on to costumes, princess."

she giggles as she blows a kiss to Mena, the studios MUA. skipping her way out of the trailer, she bumps fists with Paul, who is about to take her make-up chair.

she doesn't get far before she's stopped again. "can we have a chat, please?"

she sighs, not feeling like rallying up for a fight. turns around, clenching her hands around the robe's straps. he looks troubled. a year ago, she probably would've leaned for a hug, probably even tried to sooth his troubles. not anymore.

"can i help you?" she knows she sounds somewhat bored, annoyed, over the entire situation. but she couldn't control her emotions. that wasn't what she wanted anymore. she wasn't there to make things easier for him, to please him or make him happy. she wasn't that woman anymore.

"what was that yesterday? a tantrum? jealousy? what was that Matilde?" her eyes widen as he proceeds. "you know what the reason i called a break was because of management, you knew i felt bad for what i did in Brazil."

she can't believe what she's hearing. how he can just stand here, pin everything on her. how he can just pretend what he did wasn't disgusting.

"you know damn well what you did was not okay. to allow yourself to excuse cheating on me with me closing wounds from my past, healing myself finally is not it. i never got close to cheating on you. i loved you. you threw all that way so fast."

the tears are starting to trickle out of her eyes. she's ruining the make-up. mena will kill her. she's disgusted, angry.

"you knew my past. you knew. you took a broken woman and you told her you would love her better that everyone before. but you did just the same. what hurt me most wasn't even you thinking that of me, it was you givimg me up so fast over what you management did think of me."

he has no words for her. doesn't even know what to say. she continues to cry. hiccups through her words.

"i've been manipulated so many times in my life. i can't help but wonder if you were just another person to do that. what did you even see in me?"

his face falls. so does hers. realization. she didn't expect for that.

"was it management?" her voice trembles. as someone spent so many years under the bustle of relevance, she was no stranger to pr relationship. but after Anton she'd put an end to it. made everyone on her team know.

"at first." her breath catches. it suddenly makes sense why management would be done with her. two years was too long for non-closet relationships. "but i promise you it then became real."

she can't hear it anymore. doesn't even register the tears running down her face. turns back and runs. Mena and Paul jump when the door opens. she falls into herself, crumpled on the floor.

she's definitely gonna have her make-up done again.

☁️☁️☁️☁️

A.N.: OI OI DOUBLE UPDATE

AND IM STILL THINKING OF POSTING ANOTHER ONE BUT...