thirty

MATILDE PAES DE BRAGANÇA MEETS WITH EX NIALL HORAN, HOURS AFTER RELEASING NEW SINGLE

It hasn't even been twenty-four hours since Matilde released her new single, 'King Of My Heart', part of the album the Portuguese singer/actress is bound to release with best friend, Taylor Swift. 

The song, making reference without any doubt to their relationships with actors Sebastian Stan and Tom Hiddleston, was already charting and trending on social media when the first photos of Paes Bragança were released. 

Surprising everyone, the 22-year-old was caught by fans sitting down with ex-boyfriend, Niall Horan (23) in a small café in New York City. After a messy break-up, the two seem to have only crossed paths at Award Ceremonies and birthday parties. Until this morning, it seemed common knowledge that the two had a strained relationship. 

It seems however, that that hasn't changed, despite the meet-up. Witnesses posted on Twitter that the two seemed heated, Horan slightly more unfazed than Paes Bragança, who was caught crying inside and who left with a frown on her face, clearly unhappy. 

(On top: Paes Bragança, leaving the coffee shop, visibly upset, matching witness descriptions;

Below: Horan, headed to his car after leaving the very same coffee shop, not looking much happier than Matilde.)

Close sources claim that the get together had been Horan's idea, who wanted to set the records straight with Paes. It seems that the singer regrets the way their relationship ended (and perhaps the single fact that it ended). Another source, this time one close to the Marvel actress, explained that despite not wanting anything to do with her ex, Paes had agreed to the small coffee shop meeting for the sake of their friends. 

Paes de Bragança has been in a relationship with Romanian-American, fellow Marvel actor, Sebastian Stan (34) for the past six months. 

☁️☁️☁️☁️

She wants to scream. Tosses her phone onto the bed covers, hiding her face in the midst of all her pillows. How dare they? It was everywhere. Her, teary eyed leaving the small boutique café; Niall leaving minutes later seemingly enraged. 

But what did he expect of her? For her to leave the life she'd created in the past months, the man who'd been loving her to the point where she'd become her best version. How could he ever expect her to choose him over all of that? Especially after all that had happened between them. 

She couldn't and she wouldn't. 

Matilde is lost in her mind and moping when the door to her suite opens. She doesn't bother turning, expects it'll be either Harry or Taylor. Maybe Lottie, if she's already done with her Marie Claire photoshoot. 

"Do you want to talk about it?"

She turns so fast it's a miracle she hadn't got whiplash. It's Sebastian. Sitting up, back to the headboard, she holds out her hand for him to take. Bigger, rougher hands surround hers. She's certain she's started to sweat. 

"There isn't much to say... He wanted something I didn't, expected things from me-" she takes a deep breath. "Compromise things I wasn't willing to let go of."

His hands don't leave hers. Instead he drags himself up the bed, sitting next to her, shoulders brushing. (Hers, however, tighten around his.)

"He is not an option anymore. Hasn't been for a couple of months. And I don't want him to be."

Matilde feels Sebastian kiss the top of her head. It's all great, just like that.