fifty-seven

"so, where is sebastian?"

the room goes silent, everyone stares at her, from pity to confusion. takes another sip of her cider, looks around, trying to find eyes that are not looking into hers.

"he is in Brazil. with another woman, that I don't know if management sent or not." her throat dries up. next to her, harry's arms loops around her, probably as an attempt at soothing her. "if I have to be honest, i think he's cheating on me. he, uh, refused to talk to about her unless it's face to face, so."

the first tear slowly falls down her cheek. in a haste, she rises to her feet, shaking her head as she speeds out of the room, not looking back.

the air outside bites onto her skin, her eyes start tearing up even harder, her skin rises where the cold hits her. outside, the waves crash onto the sand, and she watches it fold and unfold, sad yet grateful that she'd had the chance to buy a house that close to the sea.

"are you okay, petal?"

she hiccups a sob. doesn't want to be seen crying but doesn't want to dry her tears either. doesn't turn to face him.

"can you for once, tell what exactly is wrong with me? what is it that makes you all replace me so easily?"

it's not a gasp as it is a sharp intake a breath. grabbing her hips softly (perhaps even tentatively, as he releases it right after), he turns her body his way. she could blame the dim light but she'd taken notice of it the last time they saw each other. brown hair suits him better, yet his eyes are the same. only now they are watered, looking at her dismayed.

"there is not a single thing about you that justifies that. i can't tell you that it was easy to replace you. it wasn't then and it isn't now. petal, you are absolutely perfect. i met you on the last night of 2012, fell in love with you on the first night of 2013 and still to this day I do love you. there is no escuse for my actions other than that you needed commitment. all that i wanted was to run away from here. i figured it would be best for us."

she is still crying. reckons this isn't the time or the place, not even the conversation she wants to be having. but this is a conversation she'd longed for for so long, that she'll happily take it.

"so no, I can't tell you what's wrong with you, because to me there isn't any. if that's not how sebastian feels then he doesn't deserve you either. honestly? no one does."

she cries. for all past relationships, all the wasted years and time. his arms wrap around and it feels familiar.

(in the arms of her ex, she tries not to think of sebastian and another woman.)

☁️☁️☁️

therealmatilde: homemade release party with my people

LIKES: 6.4M COMMENTS: 6.7k

tommotills: we love you babes

buckynatupdates: lmao didn't even bother combing your hair,,, at least you tried

daniellecampbell: we drinkin' tonight woop woop

stxrkfxm: love u so much, you deserve so much more

harrystyles: i want photo credits

☁️☁️☁️

nialldailyupdates: Niall on Harry's Instagram Stories

keep in mind that Harry was at Matilde Paes' house, for her EP release dinner

LIKES: 365 COMMENTS: 69

horanxtills: I'm sorry what

↳niallspaperhouse: your brand omg

horanxtills: I'm more confused than happy tbh

potatoneil: wtf did she invite him??? are they friends again???

studyinniall: sis even captioned her photo with "her people" so -

potatoneil: I want to be excited but she's still dating sebastian

☁️☁️☁️

enews: Niall Horan parties with ex Matilde Paes Bragança at her house, in celebration of her recently released EP and we have all the details about it

LIKES: 10.6k COMMENTS: 345

☁️☁️☁️☁️

hiiiii

sorry this chapter took longer, we had an issue with wifi, sorry.

hope you are all alright