5. Hiding

"Alright, so you guys will have to stay at a apartment."

It's been a few hours since the incident, and I became very comfortable with the Hamilton crew. I've learned some stuff about them as well.

Anyways, we we're at my room since my mom had to take care of some stuff at work, she's a nurse so..

"Apartment?" Alexander said, with a slight chills in his voice."

"Is there a problem?-"

Thomas rolled his eyes, "he got kicked out of an so called "apartment" because he got into a fight with Aaron Burr, typical for a ratbag."

"Oh, shut up Jefferson! You are no good too, remember-"

"Okay!.. you guys are not good with apartments, but don't worry.. they won't recognize you."

I wasn't worried for their clothing either, predicting that they will think that they were cosplaying or something.

I grabbed my piggy bank that was in my desk, and grabbed the baseball bat I tempted to hit Phillip with.

"What are thee doing?" Thomas asked, raising an eyebrows.

Darn, he really is tall.

"Grabbing my savings to get you guys an apartment."

Alexander smirked. "No need, I am rich after all." He said as he taken out some money out of his pocket.

A few quarters, and a penny was there.

I shook my head, "a apartment costs more than that, here." I took out a few hundreds, and a few ten dollar bill and showed them the money.

They examined the bill until Alexander spotted something.

"Why does these have my face in them?"

I looked towards where he pointed, and the 10-dollar bill had his face in it.

"You were one of the famous founding fathers, so they decided to dedicate you by putting your face in the dollar bill." I explained.

Alexander smiled, "Hm, I'm satisfied." Thomas only scoffed, and crossed his arms like a kid.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We managed to sneak out of my house, and find an apartment. Phillip was surprisingly quite.

"So, this is it." I exclaimed, as we got a good view of the building.

"It's very different.." phillip muttered.

"buildings were redesigned throughout the years. Come on, let's settle in for a room."

We walked inside the building to see the desk lady, talking to a man.

Probably the manager. I thought.

They both looked up, and widened there eyes up at the gentlemen standing next to me.

"Um, hello." I said, snapping their gazes towards me.

"Yes, hello." The desk lady said, quickly while organizing some files placed in her desk.

"Can we buy an apartment?"

~~~~~~~~~~~
As we purchased an apartment, we got the keys and headed towards the direction the lady said. I was still feeling the gaze towards the people that were in the building.

"What are you looking at?!" Thomas said, clearly frustrated.

Oh no.

The man quickly pushed his wife behind him, glaring at Thomas.

Thomas tapped his foot, while his arms were crossed. "Well?"

"Leave us alone." The man tried to defend. Only, that made Thomas slightly more angry and just as he was about to knock some sense out of the guy, I came to stop him.

"Thomas, let's go. These people are wasting our time." I whispered towards him, hoping the people didn't hear me.

He seemed to relax, but was still tense. "Fine. Just this once."

~~~~~~~~~~~

Once we got inside the apartment, it was very neat. Even Alexander was surprised.

"I know dam well we don't have this where we live." I raised an eyebrow, clearly surprised by language his had spoken.

He only shrugged. "There was a sign while we were walking, it said "we'll get some dam milk from Target". I thought it fit perfectly."

I smiled and placed the keys down. "Here, let's see your guys' rooms-"

A horrible scream interrupted me, and all of us turned towards the door.

Alexander suddenly shouted,

"Eliza?!"

————————

Hello, how are y'all? 😃 anyways, starting a new book after I finish this. follow, vote and enjoy!