The night after

A/n: this chapter was written by @AlSRLV

Meredith s P.O.V.

I feel myself getting lost in the music, swaying swiftly with the rhythm of the beat. Derek's behind me, moving with me as his hand resides on my hip.

I couldn't even tell you how many drinks I've had. I faintly remember Joe saying something about my last round, but that was ages ago.

The music pulsates through me as I turn around, locking eyes with Derek. His collar is undone, leaning a slight view of his chest, but not much. It's obvious he's drunk as he almost stumbles into me when he realizes I've turned.

He snakes his arm around my waist again, pulling me closer. His breath hits my ear and sends ringers down my spine, enraging the beast in my center.

"How about we get out of here?" His voice is low, husky, and deep with a foreign font. My breath catches in my throat as his lips brush my ear, most likely being unintentional due to the alcohol coursing through his veins.

I grab his hand and we head out. I make sure to grab my purse beforehand, not wanting to leave anything behind. I'm honestly baffled that I would remember, but the thoughts leave my presence as the cool air sends cold currents up my arms.

We've only been waiting for the cab for a few minutes but it seems like time has slowed down. My hand is still clasped in his, sweat tickling my palm, heating at the compromising body heat inducing
its utter existence.

Once finally in the car, we head to my house, or my mothers to be more precise. Not like she'd care, even if she did happen to remember she owns a home.

The cabby bids his goodbye then drives off, leaving us at the front of my estate.

It's a decent sized house. 4 bed 3 bath, not counting the attic. The front of the house, however, looks a lot larger. The walls are broad, taking up about 35-45ft in width. The second story showcasing my bedroom windows and the attic right above, making my home look rather spacious.

"Wow." He breathes out, stumbling us both forward and onto my porch. He looks in awe as I unlock the door, throwing him inside.

"So, uh, you actually live here?" He slurs, taking in the view my living room.

"No. Yes. Kind of." I confuse myself, unsure if I'm correct. My mind wanders off as I hear his reply.

"Oh. It's nice. Little dusty, odd, but it's nice." He states, moving closer to me as the world around me spins to a stop. It's just me and him. Nothing else. Nobody has made me feel like this before, but it could just be the tequila.

My throat dries as he moves closer, our noses skimming each other, lightly brushing as our lips connect. It almost feels like magic, the way our bodies move as one. We're in synch.

•••

All I remember is the mind shattering tongue twist. Everything afterwards just feels like a blur. I can recall a distant memory of the kitchen table, though I'm not sure it is accurate.

One thing I know for certain is his naked body currently warming my living room floor, needs to leave. I have school. In 30 minutes. I didn't hear my alarm go off, due to the residence i took on my couch, so I overslept.

I gently pull the small blanket covering his naked glory off of him and wrap it around myself. I don't need to demolish whatever's left of the dignity I once owned. I lightly plop a pillow over his vulnerability and it seems in this very moment, everything from last night washes over me, every sound, every touch, every earth shattering orgasm. It all comes back. Oh God. He needs to leave.

I don't normally wish to continue my nightly adventures, but this one time my core erupts into a burning pit of desire. It seemed almost as if he knew every place to set my skin on fire and I wanted more.

He unsubtly awakens, groaning at the light filtering from my curtains to his eyes. Kill me now, that groan definitely did not help my growing need for a cold shower.

He rolls over only to come face to face with my bra. Holding it into the air, he begins to speak.

"This is-" I cut him off before he can finish, grasping my undergarment from his hold.

"Humiliating. On so many levels. You have to go." I quickly shift my gaze from him, adverting to the opposing side of the couch, hoping it will cool my beast.

"Why don't you come back down her and we can finish where we left off?" He smirks, his morning voice irking with raspiness, feeding my inner need.

"No. Seriously, you have to go. I'm going to be late. So will you." I reject, stepping closer to my stairs, awaiting the moment I can make a break for it.

"So how do you kind of live here?" My stomach churns. He remembers. Oh God. I was hoping I was there only one who wasn't black-out drunk. This is embarrassing.

"Look. I'm gonna go upstairs and take a shower,okay?  and when I get back down here you won't be here. So goodbye, Derek." I breathe out, frustrated in the fact that I'm disappointed he's leaving.

"Goodbye, Meredith." He smiles warmly, making my knees go weak. His shirt is being buttoned up as I turn, bolting up the stairs and to my bathroom. I need to hurry.