Ch. 41: Couples pt. 2

Začít od začátku

Whenever I saw you fangirling over Y/N and Moonbin. Seriously, I can't believe I never realized how I found you cute.

All this time, I secretly liked it when you called me "oppa", and I always found it attractive that you always seemed to wear your heart on your sleeve.

I just don't know... why I hadn't realized it sooner.

I slowly pull away and slowly open my eyes to see Dahyun slowly open hers. Our eyes meet and I can see that she really does feel the same way I do. I then smile at her.

Eunwoo: You were right. You can't regret being able to kiss the person you like. Dahyun looks at me with wide eyes, then giggles.

Dahyun: I told you so.

...

Mina's POV

I arrive at the school at 4:50 but see no one around. I sigh as I walk back and forth at the entrance.

I guess I really am too early. Aaah! Why'd I even get excited, anyway?

5 minutes pass by and there's still no sign of Minhyuk. I'm actually starting to become impatient, but I guess it's also my fault for coming too early.

???: Well, you're early.

My eyes widen and I turn to the source of the voice to see Minhyuk, walking towards me with a gentle smile on his face. When he reaches me, he stops walking and our eyes meet. I can see something in his eyes, something I've never seen in him before.

Minhyuk: How about we take a stroll around the school while we talk.

My eyes widen again and I look towards the school.

Mina: Is that even allowed?

Minhyuk laughs and I look back at him. Suddenly, my heart starts pounding as I look at him laughing.

Minhyuk: You don't have to worry about that. I've been doing this since high school and I was never chased out by anyone.

I look at Minhyuk doubtfully, then he suddenly holds his hand out to me, smiling gently once again.

Minhyuk: Shall we?

I look at Minhyuk for a moment, then place my hand in his. He smiles as I look at him and intertwines our fingers. Suddenly, my face starts to quickly get hot and I look away from Minhyuk just as he starts to walk into the school grounds. I start to walk, too, keeping my pace at the same one as his.

Mina: S-so... what did you want to talk about?

I glance at Minhyuk as we approach the school lawn. He looks up at the sky, and I suddenly find myself doing the same. It's really cloudy tonight, so there isn't much to see.

I wonder what he's looking at.

Minhyuk: Remember what happened at this time the day you came back?

My eyes widen and I look at Minhyuk. He has a serious look on his face and he's still looking up.

Mina: I-I guess... there were fireworks, weren't there?

Minhyuk smiles, but he still won't look at me.

Minhyuk: You were alone, then. You were still trying to get Moonbin back that time, but when I saw you...

Minhyuk finally looks at me.

Minhyuk: You didn't seem like you were looking for Moonbin.

My eyes widen and Minhyuk smiles.

Minhyuk: I wonder who you were looking for that time.

Suddenly, my memories of that time come back.

...

Flashback

Somehow, after being with Moonbin for almost the whole day, he had separated from me. I tried looking for him at first, and as the fireworks started and I was walking to the school lawn, I suddenly saw him... kissing Y/N. My heart broke at the sight of them, and I ran away from the school lawn. I was so angry as I ran away, but as I did, I suddenly remembered Minhyuk.

...

Flashback w/in a flashback

Young Minhyuk: Don't cry when you're upset. If you ever feel like you're about to cry, you can come to me. I'll listen to what you have to say.

End of flashback w/in a flashback

...

He had said that when we were kids, and now that I felt like crying, he's the only one I can think of going to.

End of flashback

...

I start to feel tears as I remember that time. I was selfish. I was so selfish.

Minhyuk: Mina? What's wrong? Are you crying?

I glance at Minhyuk for a moment, then quickly look away to hide my tears.

Mina: I feel so bad for that.

Minhyuk: D-did I say something wrong?

I smile and shake my head as I look at Minhyuk.

Mina: Aniyo. I just feel guilty for never noticing you all this time. I'm sorry I forgot all about you.

Minhyuk looks at me with a surprised look, then smiles and places his hands on my cheeks. My eyes widen as he wipes away my tears while smiling gently.

Minhuk: I already told you. I've forgiven you for that. Now stop making yourself feel guilty for something that happened years ago.

I look at Minhyuk, then smile.

Mina: Can I ask you something?

Minhyuk looks at me with a slightly surprised expression, then smiles and nods.

Mina: I know we've been friends for so long now, but... can we actually be mo-

Suddenly, Minhyuk bends forward and I feel something soft on my lips. My eyes widen and I look at Minhyuk to see his eyes closed. Suddenly, my heart starts pounding as I slowly close my eyes, kissing him back. When he pulls back, I realize that I had placed my arms around his neck and Minhyuk smiles playfully at me.

Minhyuk: You read my mind.

My eyes widen again and Minhyuk suddenly pulls my head towards him and places a kiss on my forehead. My face starts getting hot, and I quickly remove my arms around him and step back. Minhyuk laughs as I do so.

Mina: Y-yah! Don't laugh!

Minhyuk: How can I not? You're just too cute!

My face starts getting even hotter and I look away from him.

Minhyuk: I love you.

I glance at Minhyuk, then smile shyly.

Mina: I-I love you, too...