Ch. 39: Talking Things Out

Depuis le début

Moonbin: You're just too cute.

I pout as I look away from him shyly. Suddenly, Moonbin tilts his head so we would be face to face and looks at me expectantly.

Moonbin: Aren't you gonna say it back?

Y/N: W-what?

Moonbin then smiles playfully at me.

Moonbin: I said, I love you. Aren't you gonna say it back to me?

My eyes widen and my face gets even hotter to the point that I think I've basically become a tomato already. I shyly look away from Moonbin.

Y/N: (mumble) I love you, too.

Moonbin: I'm sorry, what was that? I couldn't hear you.

I then look at Moonbin with an annoyed look and see him smiling playfully at me with his face just inches from mine. I then smirk and his eyes widen as I bend towards him and place a quick kiss on his lips. When I pull away, Moonbin is looking at me with wide eyes.

Y/N: I said, I love you, too.

Moonbin then looks at me disbelievingly while still smiling.

Moonbin: Yah...

Y/N: What?

Moonbin: That wasn't enough.

Y/N: H-huh?

My eyes widen and Moonbin suddenly bends towards me until I can feel his lips on mine. I'm surprised by his action, but when I realize what's going on, I slowly close my eyes and bends closer to Moonbin, kissing him back. When he pulls back, our eyes meet and I smile as I look at him, pure happiness washing over me.

Moonbin: Promise me you won't leave.

Y/N: Don't worry. I promise.

...

2 months later
Dahyun's POV

Y/N's been in the hospital for quite a while now, and I, Mina, and Moonbin took turns keeping her company. Y/N's recovery seems to be going well, and every now and then Soobin and Yeonjun also came to visit, and I'm surprised that Moonbin's fine with that. I just left the hospital to get some ingredients, go home, cook a meal for Y/N, then come back to the hospital when I suddenly see Eunwoo as I step out of the door.

Dahyun: Hmm? Eunwoo?

Eunwoo looks at me for a moment, then quickly looks away and raises his hand and waves once.

Eunwoo: Oh... um... hi.

I look at him with a confused look as he places his hand on the back of his neck as I walk towards him.

Dahyun: Hey. Did you come to visit Y/N?

Eunwoo: Huh?

Eunwoo looks back at me with a surprised look, then looks away again.

Eunwoo: Ah... well... a-actually, I actually came to, uh... talk to you... about something...

Dahyun: Hmm?

I look at Eunwoo with a confused look again and he glances at me for a moment before looking away again and clearing his throat.

Eunwoo: Sorry, I just... it's kinda hard to say...

Dahyun: Oh, well, can it wait? I was actually just heading out to prepare a meal for Y/N and come back later just in time for noon...

Eunwoo: O-oh, sure. You can go. Sorry for disturbing you.

Eunwoo then places his hand on the back of his neck again and I smile as I step up to him, stand on my toes, then place a kiss on his cheek. His eyes then widen and he looks at me as I stand on my feet again. I smile at him.

Dahyun: We'll talk later, okay?

Eunwoo: S-sure. T-talk to you later, then.

I giggle then smile playfully at him.

Dahyun: You really are cute, Eunwoo-oppa~

Eunwoo's eyes widen again and I giggle again.

Dahyun: Well, I'll be going, now. See you later.

I then walk past Eunwoo, smiling as I head towards the grocery store. I still remember what happened that night.

...

Flashback

Dahyun: You really are cute, Eunwoo-oppa~

I had almost kissed Eunwoo that time, but he quickly pulled away from my clumsy embrace before I could do that.

Eunwoo: Y-yah, you're completely drunk! Stop before you do something you'll regret!

Dahyun: Why would I regret something like this? Would you regret being able to kiss the person you like?

Eunwoo's eyes widened when I said that.

Aish! What was I thinking back then?!

Dahyun: Oh, come on! Shouldn't we take our chances since no one else is around?

Of course. I almost forgot I was drunk back then.

I was pouting at him when he suddenly laughed. Somehow, that made my heart skip a beat.

Eunwoo: You sure are something.

Dahyun: I sure am, aren't I?

I can't believe I even did aegyo to him. Aaah! So embarrassing!

I also remember Eunwoo ruffling my hair.

Dahyun: Ah! Yah! Don't do that, oppa~

Eunwoo: You're too cute, how can I not?

And then there's the one where he kissed my cheek.

Wait, what?!

Eunwoo: What? You said to take my chances.

End of flashback

...

I actually said that?

I'm so embarrassed right now that I'm thinking of those things, but somehow, I still can't help but keep smiling.

Dahyun: Aish! He's driving me crazy!