A Daydream Away

Alex's P.O.V

It had been a week since the 'incident'. Ashley was reluctant to talk about it which was fair enough, but I was dying to ask her about what he'd said. It seemed she'd deleted most of the texts but the one she hadn't were awful. I had made sure to try and stay with her at all times - I was just paranoid in case her phone buzzed or the door went and it was him.

So this led to where we were now, sat on the kitchen floor, covered in flour.

*FLASHBACK*

"Alex I swear to god if you don't get your pretty little ass out of this kitchen I will flip tables!" Ashley sighed, struggling out of my grip.

"But I'm bored!" I whined, re-attaching my arms around her waist and hiding my face in her neck.

"Lex, I'm trying to make this cake for Jack and you're not helping" She sighed dramatically. I began placing kisses on her neck making a small hum of pleasure escape the small ginger in my arms. I turned her round and pressed my lips to her only to be pushed back again.

"Alex." She said sternly.

"Can I at least help?" I pouted. Ashley rolled her eyes and nodded.

"Woo!" I grinned, kissing her cheek and heading over to the ingredients which were all layed out. Ashley began to mix various things while I watched - becoming increasingly bored. The boredom finally got to me so I picked up the flour and pinched a bit between my fingers, before flicking into Ashley's hair. She didn't respond. I repeated this action until she span around, hands on her hips.

"Alex? What are you doing?" She said, a slight glint of mischief in her eyes.

"Me? Nothing..." I winked. To this she nodded and turned around again.

*IF YOU CAN'T HANG THEN, THERE'S THE DOOR BABY, IF YOU CAN'T HA-*

My eyes widened as I realised this was Ashley's text tone, I dashed upstairs to where her phone was (my room, away from sight) and quickly switched it off, breathing a sigh of relief that she didn't follow me. I walked back downstairs to see she hadn't moved and mixing things together, I placed my arms around her waist and kissed her cheek as I approached.

"Thanks Lex" she murmured, relaxing back into me. I kissed her head and replied with a quiet 'no problem'.

We continued to make the cake without an issue until I got bored again, and felt it was appropriate to start throwing flour at Ashley.

"Alex!" She squealed, dodging the next handful. A devilish smirk crossed her features as she too dipped her hand in the bag and threw it at me.

"You didn't" I smirked, picking her up and spinning her round. Somehow during the time she was in the air she managed to hit the bag over - causing both me and the bag of flour to descend to the floor. We both collapsed to the ground with me taking the impact so not to hurt Ashley.

"Dammit" I sighed as the cloud of flour covered us both, I was led down and Ashley was led on top of me. She giggled and shifted so we were more comfortable.

"Care to move?" I laughed, wrapping my arms around her.

"Nope" She smiled, punctuating it with a kiss.

*END OF FLASHBACK*

"Ash, as much as I love the closeness - you're crushing me babe" I wheezed.

"Just for the fact you called me babe, I'm not moving" she smirked.

"Asssshhhhhh" I whined. She sighed and kissed my cheek before removing herself from me and walking out the room.  I quickly followed her to the sitting room where she was now sat watching the ravens game. 

"Since when did you like football?" I winked.

"Since when did you like cooking?" She teased.

"Since I fell in love with the cook" I smirked.

"You're so cheesy it hurts" She laughed before standing up and brushing the flour off her shirt. She walked towards me and gently ran her finger through my hair, making a cloud of dust emerge from it. She giggled and repeated the action until my hair was free of flour. 

"I'll be right back" She smiled, before disappearing to the kitchen once more. I watched her walk and smiled to myself. I loved her, I truly did.

My thoughts were broken when the familiar ring tone of my phone rang, I dived to the floor and picked it up.

'Hello?' I answered.

'So she is with you' A voice smirked.

'Who is this?' I questioned.

'You'll find out...soon enough' The male voice smirked. 

'W-what? Excuse who the hell do you th-' I was cut off as the line went dead. I sighed in frustration, that was my biggest hate, people hanging up on me. 

"Who was that Alex?" Ashley yelled from the kitchen. I racked my brains to think who would of called until everything began clear. 'She is with you' - Josh. It must of been, and now he knows where Ashley is. 

"Uh- no one babe" I said doubtfully. 

"For the last time Lex, do not call me babe." she yelled angrily. I laughed and shook my head, trying to rid my brain of the phone call. 

It couldn't have been him, he couldn't have got my number....

Right?