Can't Say.

~

Alex's face fell as he saw her spread along the floor, Dan was gathering belongings in a bag ignoring the fact she was sprawled across the flooring.

"What. The. Hell?" Alex spat. Dan whipped round to see a fuming Alex stood at his doorway.

"GET OUT!" He screeched, pushing Alex away. Alex growled, grabbing his wrists and throwing him down before crouching down to Ashley. He removed the needle which was sticking out from her arm, carefully placing it on the counter top out of reach. By this time Dan was stood back up and looked angry as ever.

"You had your chance. Now get out!" He boomed, Alex laughed and shook his head, keeping in-front of Ashley best as possible.

"What do you want from her?"

"I don't want anything."

"Who does?"

"Can't say."

Alex stood up, baffled by Dan's sudden change in behaviour. A lop-sided smile rested on his lips, his posture that of a drunk man.

"Tell me what you did to her."

"I didn't do anything."

"Who did?"

"Can't say."

Alex was angry now, he wanted answers and he wanted them now. Despite the happenings of the last 24 hours or so, he loved Ashley with all he had, and seeing her unconscious on another guys floor wasn't the nicest view.

The storm continued outside, the door opening and closing with the force of the wind. Dan laughed a little, before continuing to pack his bag. Alex stood baffled, he turned to face Ashley again and noticed her goosebumps. Alex quickly shed his jacket and hoodie, placing them over her, but paused when he noticed something shiny in the corner of his eye.

"What's that lot?" He asked. Dan turned back around and smiled.

"Relief."

"From what?"

"Can't say."

Alex was confused, the guy had drugged his girlfriend, was obviously planning to kidnap her to give to someone, yet suddenly didn't care? He took his phone and texted Jack, telling him to get to Dan's fast. Dan seemed oblivious to all of it, he was just placing awkward objects into a bag. Alex remained standing up as Dan stood also, he walked towards Ashley and just sat next to her, behind Alex.

"What are you doing?" Alex inquired.

"She's beautiful." Dan replied.

"Why did you do this to her?"

"Can't say."

"ENOUGH!" Alex yelled, collapsing down.

"Stop." Dan said.

"You tell me what you want from her,"

"STOP!" Dan begged.

"You tell me who wants her,"

"PLEASE!"

"And you tell me who told you to do all this!"

"JOSH!" Dan said through his tears. Alex remained emotionless, he was shocked, confused and angry.

"H-He threatened me okay! He t-told me he'd h-hurt me and my girl if I d-didn't!" He sobbed, leaning back against the wall. Alex opened his mouth to respond but quickly closed it again, he felt sympathy for him, he was protecting his girl and meant no harm. Not a second later a jumble of footsteps came inside.

"Where is he?" Jack growled, stopping as he took in the sight.

"Don't hurt him, it's not his fault." Alex said, standing up.

"What?"

"It's Josh, he threatened him to do all of this to get to Ash." Alex sighed, frustrated at the truth.

"I'm s-so sorry." Dan sobbed.

"Where is Josh?" Jack asked, ignoring the apology. Alex took this opportunity and lent down to inspect Ashley. She was pale as ever, but didn't look harmed.

"I don't know." Dan sighed, sniffing and wiping his eyes. "She isn't hurt by the way, she'll wake up in a few minutes."

Alex ignored this statement and scooped her up in his arms, holding her bridal style while the guys continued to grill Dan for information on Josh's whereabouts.

"I wish I knew, we only met once and that's when he threatened me. He seemed out of breath so I guess it was the same day he fought Alex."

"Where are you going now?"

"Back to NY, I'm never coming back here."

"Your girl in NY?" Alex asked suddenly.

"Yeah." He responded.

"You should go." Jack said, his anger present. Dan nodded and picked up the bag of awkward belongings.

"Get some help." Alex said, motioning to the cans and bottles in the corner. Dan nodded again, stumbling out the door into the storm. No one spoke for a while, until Rian and Zack walked out.

"I'm still mad, for the record." Jack spat.

"At who?"

"You."

"What did I do?"

"Dude you managed to lose all your trust to her from one drunk mans twisted story, you believed him and it broke her. You weren't the one calming her down at 1:00 in the morning while you had your little temper tantrum!"

"I messed up okay! I know that, but he told me he liked her and his story added up, what was I supposed to believe?"

"Your girlfriend maybe!"

"Lex?" A little voice said. Both Jack's and Alex's fell to see Ashley. She looked weak and tired, but a small smile was resting on her lips as she realised where she was.

"You're not mad?" She whispered.

"Course not babygirl, I'm sorry about before." Alex smiled, kissing her forehead.

"Jacky!" She said weakly, her voice resembling that of a child. Jack's anger disappeared as she smiled at him, he saluted her making her giggle.

"Can we go home? Tell me what happened tomorrow?"

"Sure sweetie." Alex smiled, Jack nodded also and followed them outside. The storm had died down a little and it was now only lightly raining. Ashley's eyes had fallen shut again, the effects of the drug taking over once more. Alex placed her inside the backseat, allowing her head to rest in his lap and her legs to rest over Jack.

The journey home was awkward, the tension almost unbearable between Jack and Alex. Jack was mad at him, and Alex was worried about it.

A/N: Sorry it's awful :(