Ouch.

Ashley's P.O.V

The evening continued in the same fashion, each guy taking it in turn to try and get something out of Alex, but returning unsuccessfully. I had given up crying an hour ago, not seeing how it helped. I had every intention of going up there myself, to find out what I did to make him this mad, yet the look in his resembled the one of Josh's when we had met in the park some time ago, making me frightened to even step foot upstairs. 

"This ridiculous, it's 2:00am and for all we know Ash is innocent." Rian sighed. I bit my lip and looked up, knowing I was the only who could fix this. 

"I'll go." I said, my voice doubtful. 

"Ash...you don't have too, he'll come round." Jack offered, sensing my discomfort. 

"No I'll go, i-it's fine." I stammered, standing up and walking towards the staircase. I wrapped my hands in my AWG jumper and began my way up. 

"Go Away." Alex said from inside. I approached the door and gently knocked it, hoping for a good reaction. 

"Jack I swear if that's y- Oh." Alex said, flinging the door open in the process. I toyed with the bottom of my jumper before looking up. His face was red, his eyes tired and stubble predominant on his chin. 

"I, uh, could we? Um, maybe-"

"Save it Ashley, why didn't you leave earlier?" He spat.

"I-I just wanted to know what I did wrong, because I haven't done anythi-"

"You know what Ashley? Tell me, tell me why you love me." He said, standing straight and folding his arms. I was slightly taken back by his sudden question but nevertheless I answered.

"Because you found me." I said quietly, cursing myself of how stupid it sounded out loud. 

"What?" He scoffed. 

"Y-You found me, as in the person who is what she wants to be, the person who can love who she wants to love, the person who's stronger than she's ever been." I said, whispering by the end of the sentence. Alex was silent for a moment, before shaking his head and closing the door again. I sighed and slid down the door next to door, leaning my head back against. Zack's head popped up from the stairs with a hopeful expression, but it soon disappeared once I shook my head. 

"Me and Rian have to go, you be okay here? Jack's asleep." He whispered. 

"Thanks for staying." I smiled, tucking my hair behind my ear. He waved goodbye and not 2 minutes later the front door opened and closed again.

~~

I remained in the same position for hours, eventually falling asleep with my head lent against the door-frame. I was awoken by shouting coming from downstairs, the voices belonging to Jack and Alex, meaning Alex had walked out and left me sleeping on the floor.

Ouch.

I slowly descended down the steps until I reached the door of the lounge, where the noise was coming from. I didn't want to listen in, but it was hard not to. 

"Why would she do that?!" Jack exclaimed. 

"Why wouldn't she? He liked her and she apparently liked him before so of course she would." Alex stated. 

"Alex she's been in love with you from the start, why would she throw that away on some dude she doesn't even know?" Jack replied.

Unable to listen to anymore I walked outside, the fact Jack was defending me and Alex was the one accusing me hurt. I had no idea what I was being accused of as I was always with Alex, he went everywhere with me in case Josh was still in the area. And by the sounds of it he was accusing me of cheating, which wasn't possible nor even comprehensible. 

I looked down at myself realising I was still in yesterdays clothes which were creased from being on the floor all night. I sighed and debated going back, but knew that it would prove no use. He wasn't going to listen to me. I continued my walk around the neighbourhood, praying the darkening clouds would hold off for a bit until I could go home. 

But they didn't.

Within minutes I was drenched and shivering, I decided that I was going home whether Alex wanted me there or not as I was not staying out in this. But a faint call of my name turned my attention to a figure emerging from a house. 

"Ash! Come here!" They yelled, I had no idea who this person was due to the rain clouding my vision which scared me. It wasn't until a man holding an umbrella approached me with a smile on his face. 

"Ashley." They sighed, I released the breath I was holding when the man pulled me into his arms. 

Dan.

"Come on, let's get you dry." He smiled, leading me inside the house he had come from. Once inside I was wrapped in a towel and placed in-front a heater while Dan made tea. I took this opportunity to observe the house I was in. It was nice, modern, yet a strange atmosphere hung around, like something bad had happened before. I decided to ignore this feeling as Dan reappeared with tea. I gratefully accepted it and made small talk until a picture caught my attention. 

"Is that Josh?" I said quickly, interrupting whatever he was saying. 

"Which one?" He questioned, I stood up and walked over to it, confirming that yes, it was in-fact Josh. 

"Uh- y-yeah, I s-saw him a c-couple years ago and t-this guy took our p-picture?" He stuttered out, I assumed it was because he didn't want to offend me. 

"Oh, awesome." I said flatly, before returning to the heater. 

"So do you want to watch a movie or something?" He asked.

"Sure!" I smiled, 'it would be nice to spend some time with a friend' I thought happily. Dan placed The Perks of Being a Wallflower into the player and returned to his previous position, but this time draping an arm around my shoulders, pulling me into him. I smiled at the friendly gesture, and proceeded to watch the film. 

That was until suddenly the front door flew opened, and he kissed me.