Game On.

Alex's P.O.V

"Guys!" Ashley yelled from downstairs. "Come down!"

"On our way!" Jack called. I hobbled up and padded downstairs to see Ashley with a guy, he was lent against the kitchen cabinet with one arm stretched out, to which Ash was stood against. I plastered on a smile, not wanting to be the jealous type.

"Alex! This is Dan, a friend from school." She beamed. I smiled at him and offered my hand for him to shake. 

"Nice to meet you mate" He smiled...so he seemed nice enough.

"This is Jack, Rian and Zack." Ash went on to introduce. Dan greeted them all with a smile as Ashley stood back with a content smile on her face. Without thinking I limped over and wrapped an arm around her, kissing her head. She smiled up at me and leaned herself against me. I bit my lip to try and subside the pain, I didn't want to change anything as normally I love it when she's close, but because of that asshole it hurts like a bitch. 

"Ash, sweetie, please, move" I said through gritted teeth in a quiet voice, she looked up at me, hurt flashing through her eyes. 

"Sorry..." She mumbled before joining in with Dan and the guys conversation. I sighed and went to join in when Dan effortlessly draped an arm around her shoulders. She didn't flinch nor more, which made me frown in annoyance. I staggered over to Jack and lent against the counter, opposite Ash. 

"So you've known Ash a pretty long time then" Rian said.

"That I have." He smirked, pulling Ash slightly closer. She smiled up at him making my hard stare become increasing more intense. 

 "So how did you guys meet then?" Dan asked.

"We toured together a while back, and Alex became quite fond of Ashley here" Jack winked in Ashley's direction, she laughed and nodded, shooting a small smile my way. 

"Hence why they live together" Rian joined in.

"And why he's covered in bruises." Zack finished. 

"Um..bruises?" Dan inquired. 

"Josh has gone kinda mad, I'm guessing you knew him?" I asked. He nodded, a confused expression placed upon his features. 

"Well, he used to, um, h-"

"Josh and me broke up and he lost it at Alex okay?" Ashley cut in, glaring at me. I raised an eyebrow at her while a sympathetic expression fell on Dan's face. 

"Good on you mate" He smiled. 

"Thanks." I mumbled

"So who wants pizza? Movie night? You're quite welcome to stay Dan" Rian smiled. 

"Sure that'd be great, thank you." Dan responded happily. 

"Ash? Can I talk to you upstairs?" I whispered to her as the guys began discussing pizza and movie ideas. She nodded and strolled past me, up the stairs to our room. I followed after but at a reasonably slower pace.

"What happened down there, one minute you're smiling at me the next you're glaring! I don't get it!" I began, my voice rising as I spoke. 

"Alex has it ever crossed your mind that maybe I don't want everyone to know about the fact that once I was practically someone's toy! I want people to know me for who I am not the things I've been through!" She yelled, standing up to match my size despite the huge height difference. 

"I understand that but your positioning suggested that maybe you were quite friendly with this guy." I scoffed, towering over her. 

"You're jealous. You're jealous of an old friend who I haven't seen for six years! Why would I still be close enough to tell him something like that!" She retorted, placing her hands on her hips. 

"Maybe because of the fact he was happily resting his arm around you and you didn't care!" I shouted, unaware of loud I was being. 

"He was being friendly! You were just the same when I met you if not more!" 

"Because I was falling in love with you!" I bellowed, grabbing her waist and slamming my lips on hers. She responded quickly and tangled her hands in my hair, yet not a second later she was pushing me away. 

"I'm...sorry" I panted, resting my body against her's.

"No" She whispered

"Please...don't put me through that again" I sighed, running a hand through my hair. 

What?" She said, breaking the contact and pulling away.

"Didn't we just establish that you have nothing to worry about?" She questioned, the angry expression reappearing. 

"I'd just feel more comfortable...he seems too friendly for someone you haven't seen for 6 six and I don't want to lose you." I sighed.

"I'm flattered you feel the need to be protective but this is too far, now I'm going to make a friend for once if you don't mind." She glared before storming out the room. 

"Dammit!" I yelled, falling back against the mattress and pulling at my hair. A few muffled voices came from downstairs but the sound of Ashley's voice quickly dismissed them.

"Just tired I think." She said to whoever it was. I growled under my breath and led on my front, doing everything to try and calm down. She drove me crazy that girl, she didn't know how beautiful she was, and was unaware of the looks she gets whenever she goes out, I understood how I might have come across as an asshole, but I just didn't want to lose her. 

"Lex?" Jack's voice said, he appeared at the doorway, sending a smile my way. 

"Come on, we're about to watch Peter Pan, thanks to your Darling girlfriend" He chuckled. I rolled my eyes but smiled at her film choice, our film. 

"On my way" I smiled, heaving myself up and hobbling downstairs. There Ash was sat next to Dan, talking about something or other which made her laugh. I cautiously took the seat next to her, which she chose to ignore, but the minute the film started she happily ignored everyone. 

As the film went on, the guys and Dan had gotten bored and were discussing the current football scores and other football related things. I took this opportunity to slip an arm around Ashley and pull her closer, she sighed and reluctantly lent against me with caution. 

"I'm sorry." I whispered in her ear, she shivered as I spoke. 

"It's...okay." She replied, yet she wasn't certain. 

"Ashley please..." I pleaded, kissing the skin below her ear. "Take a breath and let the rest come easy"

She turned to look at me, the corner of her lips pulling into a small smile. 

"Thank you." She whispered, before turning back around to watch the film. I smiled contently down at her, however when I casted my eyes to where Dan was my smile faded. He too was gazing at her, and when he noticed me, his eyes filled with hate. 

'Game On.' He mouthed. My eyes widened in shock, I tightened my grip on Ashley and kissed her temple. 

"I'm afraid I better be going guys." Dan said standing up, Ash stood up with him and gave him a hug, while he smirked at me over her shoulder, the guys walked him out while I remained seated.

He liked her, and she had no idea.