Part 16

Many, curious deep amber eyes peek up from behind a tattered bush, eager to explore the recently added ship to the row of various ships. After scanning the parameter, the cluster of young Ewoks ranging from ages three to ten scurry towards the boxy shaped cargo ship. 

The ramp has been left lowered due to people loading and unloading various things from the ship this morning. The group of Ewoks wander around it to explore and in hope that they may possibly find something of interest. A particular young Ewok strays from the group when he spots a faint reflective light coming from around the corner to a hallway in the ship. He discovers the source of the light, which is an old hologram laying on the ground. It displays a glitching image of an imperial mission report written in galactic basic. The young Ewok bends down to retrieve the hologram when the unexpected sound of boots thumping down the hall, stops him in his tracks. The child peers upward to the source of the noise in the darkness of the hallway. He leaps to his feet and dashes out of the ship and down the ramp with wide eyes once he spots something that terrifies him. The Ewok had not been able to make up the person standing at the end of the hall, but was sure that they had piercing red eyes and almost seemed as if they glowed in the darkness. In the hurry of the small child, the rest of the group followed him in alarm., realising that something bad must have been found.

The Ewok children dash back into the forest to escape any dangers lurking in that ship. However, the certain child who had discovered the stowaway changes course and makes his way to the Ghost, where the owners of that ship must be. 

---------------------------

"Zeb, could you pass the salt," Hera motions for the object beside the lasat on the holochess table. 

Everyone is spread out in the common room, eating lunch prepared by Hera. 

"Sure." Zeb replies nonchalantly as he picks up Chopper, getting ready to throw the droid across the room.

This gives everyone in the room an amused chuckle, except for Chopper who zaps Zeb until he is placed safely back on the floor.

Sabine and Ezra sit on the couch with Jacen squished in between them. When a small Ewok, no older than seven dashes in through the open door to the common room, waving its arms around in panic. Everyone's attention is immediately drawn to the small terrified creature.

Jacen bounces up from the chair and runs to the child, Hera following. 

"What's up little guy?" Rex bends down to the Ewok's level with a warm smile.

The child replies in the native language that none have quite learnt to understand as of yet. 

"He's seen something," Ahsoka stands beside Rex sensing the creature's distress. "Something quite dark"

Rex stands back up to look at Ahsoka.

"Like What?"

Ahsoka places a hand on the Ewok's head and closes her eyes, attempting to feel with the force through the child's mind.

Everybody watches with anticipation as Ahsoka searches through the mind of the young Ewok. "It's all a blur...But I think there's a red light? However, memories are too overwhelmed by darkness and fear from this child" Ahsoka steps back and opens her eyes, looking at the ground. "Sorry, I-um,  Maybe Ezra can find something more..." She moves aside and gestures for Ezra to try something different. 

Rex doesn't move his gaze from Ahsoka as she steps away and almost hides behind him. He looks at her with curiosity and slight worry. Ahsoka still keeps her eyes trained on the ground as the others focus on Ezra now squatting down to the Ewok's level and placing a gentle hand on his shoulder, sending calming and comfort through the force to the child in order for it to stop panicking.