005

may 12th, 2020
4:23 pm

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I LET YOU GUYS TALK ME INTO THIS

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I LET YOU GUYS TALK ME INTO THIS."

Ayoluwa stood in her tracks to stare at the slightly inept Inglewood public square.

The fountain in the middle held a faded mosaic and a huge crack in the side where the water should be spouting.

"This place mashed up." Ayoluwa announced in patois as she redid her messy bun at the nape of her neck.

"Mashed up?" Giovanni asked.

"Fucked up. This place looks fucked up."

"Ayo.." Quincy said as the five continued their stroll into the rundown plaza.

"Yeah?" Ayoluwa leaned her head back to examine their location a bit more, feeling the sun touch on her tank top covered shoulders.

"Shut up." All four boys replied.

"Wow. Really?" Ayoluwa rolled her eyes.

"Just relax," Levi gripped her shoulders, "Okay? You don't even have to get a tattoo. Just come in with me please?" He dragged out the word please.

"Fine! Let's do this." Ayoluwa said, causing her friends to cheer.

The tattoo parlor was small, with a checkered pattern on the floor and the sound of buzzing needles.

Quincy, Giovanni and Levi walked forward to speak to the purple haired receptionist.

Ayoluwa watched with small fascination as a tattoo artist put her needle to the forearm of a client.

Nicholas nudged her, "You thinking about it, huh?"

"I'm thinking that tonight you're gonna finish the bottle of ibuprofen I have in my room." Ayoluwa murmured back.

Nicholas shrugged, "My pillow pet is still there right?"

Ayoluwa nodded with a snicker, "Your unicorn is still there."

Nicholas lightly hit her shoulder, "Don't say it so loud. You know how much shit Levi would give me if he knew that my pillow pet was a unicorn."

Levi waved them forward.

"All right, raise your hand if you're getting a tattoo." The receptionist said and Nicholas and Quincy put their hands up.