038

august 7th, 2020
7:12 pm

JOSHUA WAS TIRED of his parents and siblings making up errands in order to force him out of the house

All he wanted to do was sleep and pack his room up.

Was that really so bad?

Joshua walked into the closest In & Out located to his house then glanced down at the note in his hand that held his family's orders.

The line was pleasantly short despite it being a Friday night.

The quicker I can get back to my room, the happier I'll be.

After he put the order in and paid, the cashier passed him a number and Joshua moved to sit in a booth.

Out of the corner of his eye, he could see a  couple of familiar faces.

When he turned his head completely to the left, he could see Dior, Shareef and Ayoluwa's friend Nicholas talking quietly, their expressions grin and their heads low.

Joshua slowly rose from his empty booth to stroll to their table.

Once there, he tapped Dior's shoulder causing all three boys to look at him.

"What's good?" Joshua said as he sat on the other side of Shareef.

Dior, Shareef and Nicholas looked at Joshua then back at each other, clearly trying to decide if they should tell him or not.

"Ayo's giving up music." Shareef said finally.

"What?" Joshua's eyes bugged out of his head, "She can't do that!"

"Why do you care?" Nicholas asked as he raised a brow.

Joshua was quiet.

He couldn't say why he cared and now he couldn't act like he didn't have an outburst.

"I'm just curious because I know y'all fuck with it." Joshua glanced between Shareef and Dior.

"Okay..." Dior trailed off.

"Why is she giving up music?" Joshua tried to ask in a casual tone but by the expression on the trio's faces, he could tell that he wasn't doing very well.

"She thinks that giving up music will create more time to take care of Lauryn. That's-." Dior started.

"Her niece." Joshua interrupted, "I know."