Chapter 11 | Girl Talk & Dad Talk

Start from the beginning

Before Sophie could do the same, an arm draped around her shoulders.

"Leaving so soon?" came the voice of her boyfriend.

"Yes, Keefe. Biana's coming over."

Keefe pouted. "But I wanted to come over!"

Sophie laughed. "I'll hail you when she leaves."

"Fine." And he gave her another pout.

"Quit that." And Sophie gave him a light kiss before starting to pull away. But Keefe pulled her back, cupping her face in his hands and kissing her, longer this time. Sophie laughed, but kissed him back. Eventually he let her go.

"Don't forget to hail me, Foster."

"I won't." And she stepped up to the Leapmaster, calling "Havenfield!"

*****

Sophie changed quickly, then sat on her bed to wait for Biana. Only a couple minutes passed before the door opened and Biana came in, sitting next to her on the bed.

"So... tell me everything." Sophie said immediately. "Something happened at the sleepover, didn't it?"

"Wow, you don't waste any time." remarked Biana.

"Quit stalling. Did he kiss you?"

"No."

Sophie looked up, disappointed. "He didn't?"

"No. I... I kissed him."

"Biana!" Sophie shrieked. "You did!? I want to hear EVERYTHING!

So Biana told her the story of how they had sat on the rocks, talking as they watched the sunset. They had been talking about Sophie and Keefe (apparently they did this a lot) when the conversation had shifted to Dex's and Sophie's failed kiss.

Embarrassed, Dex had told Biana what she didn't already know about it. Biana had felt sorry for him... but also very curious. So she had cautiously asked him whether he liked it. Dex had hesitated, then replied that it was alright. This stung Sophie, but she kept listening. And then Biana had leaned over and kissed him. And Dex had kissed her back! Then they pulled away, and Biana asked if he'd liked that. He had blushed and mumbled that yes, he had definitely liked that. And they had kissed again.

"Aww Biana, that's so sweet! I can't wait to talk to him! So are you two... a couple now?"

"Um.. we..." Biana stuttered. "Uh... no, not really. I mean... we haven't talked about it."

"You totally should! You two would be adorable together!"

"Speaking of adorable..." Biana changed the subject. "You and Keefe looked cozy at lunch."

"We did not!"

"Did too. And uh... Fitz came home last night refusing to talk to anyone. I guess you guys talked?"

Sophie turned away. "Yeah. Talked."

Biana frowned. "What happened?"

Sophie hesitated. Biana was her best friend, but it didn't seem right to tell her about the kiss.

"Sophie Foster, you tell me this instant!"

Sophie cringed, then blurted out most of it. She left out the kiss.

Biana was barely listening. "No, that basically happened already. There's something else."

Sophie hesitated, then decided to tell her. "You have to promise not to say anything to him."

"Yes! Fine! Whatever!"

"You're not going to like it. He..." Sophie trailed off, then whispered the rest. "He... kissed me."