Chapter 28 - The Cultural Festival

Start from the beginning

"You look... nice," he muttered and turned away, breaking the silence.  She smiled sweetly and gave his lips a quick peck.  He slowly closed his eyes, savoring the feeling of her soft, plump lips against his own that tasted faintly sweet, most likely from flavored chapstick.

"So do you," she said as she pulled away for air.  Her finger slowly trailed down the center of his toned chest, causing his face to flush even more.  "Let's go now, I saw a line of people waiting outside."  Her grip on his hand tightened as she led him to another room that was filled with other students and some families; he hadn't expected this many people to show up.  Pe went and stood at a small podium at the café entrance, as she was chosen to be the main hostess.  It was actually smart that their class had nominated her for that position, given her popularity and people skills.  Plus, she was unintentionally attracting a large number of male students since she was so pretty.  Adrijan let a small smile grace his visage as he watched her seat people at the square wooden tables.  She was absolutely adorable in her outfit, which was a white kimono top and a navy knee-length hakama skirt.  Her kimono sleeves were embroidered with pink and red blossoms, and she also wore sheer dark stockings with black kitten heel pumps.  She was just too cute.

Adrijan had never really pictured himself being a waiter since customers could be stubborn and he had a bit of an attitude problem with practically everyone in general.  But this was for school, so it was different than working in a real restaurant.  He was doing an exceptional job, having gotten every single order correct, even with people's picky substitutions and omissions.  He had even gotten some tips, which was rather unusual where they were, but if they liked his work, then he didn't have a problem taking free money.  He hadn't worked a shift at the bike shop recently either, so he wasn't going to complain.  A classmate suddenly tapped his shoulder and pointed to a table where two boys had just been seated.

"Hi.   Can I get you guys something to drink?" he asked them, getting out his notepad and pencil.  It was then that he noticed it was Kyle and some other guy he had seen Pe talk to before.  Kyle silently squinted at him, his mouth still numb from burning his tongue earlier.

"Just cold water is fine, thanks," Yuki answered.  He nudged Kyle's foot from under the table and shook his head, signaling for him to stop staring rudely at Adrijan.

"Okay, just water, then.  I'll let you guys look at the menu while I get the pitcher for you."  He made his way toward the section of the classroom that had been converted into a kitchen.  Yuki sighed as Adrijan walked away; he knew Kyle was still upset about whatever was going on between Pe and that guy, but he didn't have to make it so obvious.

"Ky, I know you're mad at him, but there isn't really anything we can do about it," he whispered.  Kyle crossed his arms and pouted, but returned to his normal expression as Adrijan came back with two glasses and a pitcher of water.

"Have you decided on what to order?" Adrijan asked as he poured water into each cup.

"I'll have... a ham croissant, and he wants a salad," Yuki responded as Kyle hurriedly downed the few ounces of water in his glass.

"Will that be all or can I get you anything else?"

"You can stop seducing Pe..." Kyle muttered under his breath as he slammed the glass on the table, still trying to recover from the numbness in his mouth.  Yuki kicked his leg, causing him to wince.

"Listen here, you little shit," Adrijan said through gritted teeth, "I told you it's not like that, so mind your own fucking business before I throw you outta here."

Kyle glared at him, "This doesn't sound like very good customer service."

"Why you-" Adrijan was about to cuss him out again when Pe appeared, a concerned look on her face.