Chapter 29 - Some Time to Think ⚠️

⚠️ - Warnings for nudity and frequent mentions of sex.  Also occasional swearing.

Adrijan had his arm around Pe as she held a green tea ice cream cone in her hands.  He didn't dare to watch her as she licked the sweet treat, only imagining her tongue swirling around the sticky food and her plump lips sucking on the top of the scoop. He felt that it was more than disgusting to have such impure thoughts of her, but after seeing her in that lacy periwinkle lingerie, scenarios like that often filled his mind. 

"Thank you for getting me this," she said as she looked up at him, "It's just what I was craving."

"Yeah," he leaned over and kissed her forehead, "You okay, babe? You were looking out the window all day in class."

"Well... spending a while away from Henry has given me some time to think..." she began, "I... I think I'm going to break up with him."

"You do what you think is best," he said monotonously, but inside, he was ecstatic; finally, she'd be all his! They could tell everyone that they were dating, and they wouldn't have to worry about keeping their relationship a secret.

"I know we had our anniversary recently, but... things just haven't been the same, since I've been with you..." Adrijan maintained a neutral expression on his face; however, just thinking about what she had told him what Henry had done during that time she had stayed over was making him livid all over again. 

"If you don't want to be with him anymore, you shouldn't have to. He hurt you," he held her hand tighter, "I could never live with myself if I let anything else happen to you."

"Oh, Adrijan..." Pe said, "You're so sweet, you always know just what to say." She pressed a quick peck to his cheek, making him smirk slightly. "I know you're worried about me... But I'm glad that you trust me to make my own decision." She gripped his hand tighter, "It's just that... I don't want to hurt him... we've been together for so long, I know it will be painful for him..."

"He'll get over it eventually," Adrijan said, "Everyone has to deal with rejection at some point in their lives."

"You're right," she agreed, "I just hope he finds a healthy way to cope with it, and doesn't do anything reckless."

Adrijan shrugged, "Whatever he decides to do about it is his choice. Like, how you're choosing to break up with him. You don't have to be responsible for his feelings after that."

"I know... but I still care about him... I already feel awful knowing that I'll be putting him through something so difficult..."

"You don't need to feel so bad about doing what's best for yourself," Adrijan looked straight into her eyes, "What he did to you is far fucking worse than you breaking up with him."

"I guess you're right..." She looked back at her ice cream that was now slowly dripping down the side of the waffle cone. She started to wish that it was easier to make up her mind.

~*~

    Henry laid his head on his desk, too busy thinking about his girlfriend to practice the calligraphy exercises. He had seen Pe and Adrijan kiss so lovingly at the festival a few days before; it bothered him to no end, and it was becoming evident in his behavior. He groaned in exhaustion as Yuki stroked the calligraphy brush against a thin piece of paper, which got his attention.

"You okay?" Yuki asked, putting a hand on his shoulder.

"No..." he grumbled, turning his head to look at him. Yuki's eyes widened slightly as he saw the dark circles under Henry's eyes.