Chapter 17

" Where? What? How? " Evie stuttered

" It doesn't matter " Carlos said

The three friends followed Jay and he lead them to where he heard Mal was. He had been minding his own business (for once) and saw Mad Maddie. He hasn't seen her since his days of stealing back on the isle. She was with a friend and she was behind this. He recognized the friend but couldn't quite make out their face. Anyways he heard Maddie tell him that Mal was being kept in a cell in a new hideout discovered by Maleficent. It was underground in a cave it was connected to the isle and Auradon. Jay was suspicious of this friend and he was sure they were somebody from Auradon but he couldn't make out who. That would have to wait as right now getting Mal to safety was their top priority.
Jay filled his friends in on everything as he escorted them to where he believed was Maleficent's dungeon slash hideout.

" So we can agree it was all a set up? " Carlos said

" It sure does look that way " Ben added

" No way it's a coincidence!! Look they wanted everyone to believe you were dead " Evie turned to Ben " Now they have Mal. Whatever this is, it isn't good. They want something bigger then just Auradon's hottest couple "

" But what though? " Jay said

" I don't know, maybe the crown to Auaradon " Evie said sarcastically

" Evie, calm down " Carlos said

" Yes, relax. It's going to be okay " Jay said

" How do you know that? "

" Mal is strong and independent. She is a fighter. She doesn't need us as much as you think she does " Jay comforted Evie

Ben just stayed silent nodding his head hoping Jay's words were true.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

" What are you doing? What do you even want? " Mal asked

" Auradon really has gotten to you, you used to be smarter than this " Mad Maddie scoffed

" Revenge, the crown, Aurora and Philip to bow down to me would be a bonus " Maleficent cackled

Mal sighed. She felt weak and defenseless. She even felt helpless. She gave up on Ben, it seemed like he didn't care anymore and that he wasn't coming.

" One last chance, join me and we can share the reward we'll get and that way you don't have to suffer like everyone else "

" Deal " Mal said bluntly

Maddie glanced at her shocked. Maleficent grinned and ordered her minions to untie Mal from the rope. 

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

" Here we are " Jay said " I think"

Evie analysed it. It was a cave but it looked so pretty from the outside. She was expecting something duller and scarier. Why would Maleficent choose a location like this?

" Are you sure? It's a little .... bright for Maleficent's taste " Evie asked

" It would make sense you wouldn't suspect her to be here would you?" Carlos asked rhetorically

" True "

" What are we waiting for? " Ben asked " My fiance could be in danger "

" Now's not the time but when is the wedding? weren't you meant to be married by now, seems you skipped a step and went straight to having babies " Jay looked at the other's facial expressions. If looks could kill he would be a dead man.

" Not appropriate... Never mind... Sorry"

The four young adults made their way into the cave, the further they went into the cave, the creepier it got.

They soon reached one of the hideouts within the cave.

It was dark and creepy. It was freezing unusual for Auradon. Typical for Maleficent they presumed. In the corner of Jay's eye he spotted a figure.

" Wait... I've seen you before! Today in fact " Jay exclaimed

Jay walked closer to the figure. He knew instantly where he had seen it before. The mysterious Auradonian figure Jay saw earlier was there alone in the room. The hood of his jacket was up hiding his face. Jay had enough with these guessing games. Someone was betraying Auradon and he was too stubborn and impatient to wait and see who. It was important right. This person would be in great trouble as they put Mal and possibly Ben through great danger. Jay cornered the mysterious figure and removed the hood covering his face. Jay and his friends jaw's dropped when they saw who it was....

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━