Chapter 11

" Are you serious ?? " Ben replied panicking

Mal's smile faded . She had dreaded telling him. She was just as scared as he was and she needed his support if she was going to do this.

" I'm being serious Ben "

" Am I the father? "

" Of course, who else would it be?" Mal said angrily

" Oh my god " Ben sighed

" Are you mad? "

" No, not at you. Never at you "

" I'm scared Ben. I'm not ready" Mal said

" Me either " 

" Are you okay? " Mal asked

" Yeah. Just overwhelmed " Mal rested her head on his shoulder

" I get that "

Ben sighed

" Is it okay if I ask for some space? I need to think " Ben said nervous

He didn't want her to think he was mad at her or anything. It was equally his fault as it was hers. If he was honest' the baby was the least stressful thing about this whole situation he had found himself in.

" That's okay " Mal stood up " I'm going to go for a walk and I'll see you soon okay "

Mal kissed his cheek.

How did he get so lucky to have such an understanding fiancee?

Hours passed and if he was honest' he missed her and wanted her company more than anything. He assumed she had gone to Evie's. He decided to work in his office on what he had missed while he waited for her to come home.

It was now almost midnight and there had been no sight of his girlfriend. He checked her old room in the castle in case she thought he still needed space. She wasn't there. Ben felt anxious and worried. He had a bad feeling that something was wrong. He hadn't felt like this since the night of his accident and if that has thought him anything is that he should always trust his gut feeling. He called her but her phone went straight to voicemail.

He called his friends and nobody had seen her since the wedding this morning. This was so unlike her. She was pregnant ' she wouldn't put herself or the baby at risk. Something was not right and the longer he waited, the more worried he became. He summoned his guards and filled her as a missing person. He called their friends and insisted that they'd help him look for her.

To his surprise, they all already knew about the baby. This baby was the future heir to the kingdom ( once they marry before the due date ).

Evie had told him exactly what he didn't want to hear. She had left Evie's six hours ago and Mal told her she was on her way home. If that was the case, where was she?

Edited this (12/07/21)
as I've realised I've made Ben so toxic and out of character 😂