Chapter 23

Recap ( in case anyone is confused)

While Mal was battling Maleficent for Auradon's safety. Mal cursed herself and Maleficent also where they switch bodies (Mal is in Maleficent's body in lizard form and Maleficent is in Mal's body), Mal got the spell slightly wrong and she intended to leave Maleficent without magic but instead she just became weak for a moment and switched bodies with Mal. If Maleficent gets injured while in Mal's body that they would be harming Mal rather than Maleficent.

*****

The villain kids had enough of Mal's mother ruining their now good lives. They couldn't kill her, no matter how much they hated her. They were the good guys after all. Of course she was also Mal's mother. Mal didn't hate her mother. She hated the evil in her. She hated that no matter what Mal wanted, Maleficent would never be happy for her They had an alternative plan. They were going to leave her powerless.

They set her up. They knew exactly what Mal(eficent) would want. They led her right into the museum and had set up a faulty scepter right where they would capture her . What was different about this scepter was moments after Maleficent first touches her scepter , it would drain all of her power leaving her powerless. Once Maleficent is powerless, she will no longer be a threat to Auradon. Once that was out of the way, they could get the real Mal back.

Fairy Godmother warned the teenagers that if Maleficent was to get hurt or even worse die whilst in Mal's body, the spell would break and they would reverse bodies once again. As a result Mal would die rather than Maleficent. They had to be careful.

They would just have to hope, Maleficent would fall for it.

Maleficent entered the museum. She was searching for her scepter. She looked around. The security guard was fast asleep.

𝘍𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘳𝘥 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦! 𝘚𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘯𝘦𝘦𝘥𝘴 𝘵𝘰 𝘧𝘪𝘳𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘩𝘶𝘮𝘢𝘯! Maleficent thought.

She entered the room where all the dangerous objects of heroes and villains were kept.

She scattered around the room looking for it. Finally she landed her eyes upon the scepter.

She broke the protective shield around it using her dark magic that she had without needing the scepter. The scepter enhanced her powers and made her even more powerful than she was.

Ben, Evie, Jay and Carlos were hiding. They were watching her every move on the security camera's up on the second story of the building.

" Any moment now " Jay said

The others watched anxiously waiting for Maleficent to hold the scepter.

Evie felt something was going to go wrong. She didn't want to express her worry to the others and create any more of a discomfort in the atmosphere than there was already.

Maleficent opened the glass cabinet in which the scepter was held in. She grinned evily to herself. She knew what was going on. They couldn't fool herself that easily. She took the scepter. She held in in her hand. She admired it.

Ben, Evie, Jay and Carlos used this as their signal to leave and head into the room in which Maleficent was in. Moments later, the four friends arrived. They made eye contact with Maleficent still in Mal's body.
She grinned. Soon green smoke emerged from the scepter around her body. Maleficent began to feel weak. She cackled

" Oh you fools!! You think you've won now " Maleficent screamed " Wait I have a surprise for you and YOU "

She pointed towards Ben

" YOU, YOU WILL REGRET EVERYTHING YOU AND YOUR FAMILY EVER DID TO ME, US, THE VILLAINS "

Maleficent turned to the three other villain kids

" YOU WILL REGRET BETRAYING US, YOU HAD ONE JOB AND YOU THREW IT ALL A WAY SO YOU COULD GET YOUR " HAPPILY EVER AFTER ". DISGUSTING " She mocked

" YOU TOOK AWAY OUR HAPPINESS. NOW I WILL TAKE AWAY YOURS "

Her power was being drained. Maleficent broke the spell. Mal was now back in her own body holding the scepter. The minute she touched it, she fell unconscious. Maleficent had spelled the scepter that if any one without evil intentions would touch the scepter than they would fall into a death like sleep. Mal had chosen good, she was no longer protected from the curse of the scepter.

Ben caught her before she hit the floor.

" NO " Evie cried out

Ben got down to his knees and was by Mal's side.

" Mal!! Mal!! Honey, please don't leave me. Stay strong for me, okay? You got this, you will be okay. I promise " Ben tried to hold back his tears

" She's not 'dead', Ben. She's in a death like sleep " Carlos said

In her death like sleep, she was having memories. Memories of the isle and back when she was evil. It was uncomfortable. Her last memory was her and her friends beating Maleficent for what they had hoped would be for the last time.

Ben looked at her. She was very pale, paler than normal. He took her hand in his.

" Be strong for me, please " He begged

Maleficent had other plans, other ways of getting her revenge. . She wanted her daughter out of the picture. Maleficent was now also powerless but that wouldn't be important now if they we're unable to wake Mal up. She had gotten revenge on Mal for betraying her. She had also gotten revenge on Ben, Evie, Jay and Carlos by taking away their true love/ best friend/ almost not by blood sister.

Evie was on the other side of Mal crying her eyes out.

Sure Auradon was safe now. They would be without their future queen now. Queen Leah would insist that Ben must marry Audrey instead and he knew if Mal was out of the picture, she would get her way.

" Carlos!! Jay!!!, Call Fairy Godmother now, please " Evie sobbed

Ben went silent. They were the good people, they always had good intentions but it always seemed the world was against them. First he was 'killed' by his most trusted chauffeur, who was paid by Chad so he would get the crown. Chad tried to force Mal to marry him as she was lady of the court. Mal's friends suspected he only wanted to marry her because he was jealous Ben had found true love so be wanted to make sure Mal wouldn't marry someone she loved. Just after they reunited, Ben and Mal got into a fight, they broke up and Mal was kidnapped. When they finally found each other, Mal was placed under this horrible curse and now she was in her death like sleep.

Fairy Godmother was on her way. Ben hoped she'd have a solution. Surely after everything they had been through, they deserved a happily ever after together....