Chapter 25

The big day had finally arrived. The kingdom was very excited. It had been a while since the last Royal Wedding and this one was quite interesting. A child of goodness and a child of evil were getting married. This had never happened in the history of Auradon, well the barrier between the isle and Auradon made this quite impossible.

Ben was excited, he couldn't wait to call Mal his wife after everything they had been through. Mal was feeling nervous but her excitement and happiness outweighed the nerves. She had a lot to learn especially about being queen but she knew Ben would be there to help her.

Mal gazed outside her window. She was wondering would Hades show up. She was doubtful he would but it would mean a lot to her if he showed up. At least she'd know he actually cared.

Currently everyone was getting ready. Evie had ensured that everyone woke up extremely early. She wanted everything to be perfect. Mal couldn't imagine what her wedding would be like one day if she put so much stress and energy into making this as perfect as can be.

Ben was currently waiting by the alter. He was nervous.

Backstage Mal and her bridesmaids were waiting. Mal's mind was replaying all the memories of her and Ben's relationship.

" You... you can't swim?"

"No!"

"You live on an island! "

"Yeah, with a barrier around it, remember? Ugh!"

"And you still tried to save me"

"Yeah. And do you thank me? No! All I get is soaking wet!"

"And, uh, this fancy rock. It's yours. Make a wish and throw it back in the lake

"What... Uh"

" Mal... I told you that I loved you. What about you? Do you love me?"

"I don't know what love feels like"

"Maybe I can teach you."

And he did. Mal smiled softly.

" It's time" Evie said " Are you ready? "

" I think so " Mal said

Soon the bridesmaids led the way. The whole kingdom stood up as they made their way to the alter. Mal got some nasty looks from some of the older royals. She simply smiled at them.

Ben looked at her and smiled. She was simply the most beautiful girl he had ever seen both inside and out.

Mal felt quite anxious. She would have preferred a smaller, private wedding but that simply was not possible since she was marrying the king.

Hades unfortunately hadn't showed up. Adam; Ben's father offered to walk her down the aisle but she politely declined as she didn't feel it was right for her fiance's parents to step in as the parental role on a day like today. She was hurt but she put those feelings aside as this was meant to be the happiest day of her life.

She never believed she would have a boyfriend yet alone be getting married. Her life had changes miraculously ever since she arrived in Auradon.

The ceremony began. Fairy Godmother conducted the ceremony.

" We are gathered here today to celebrate one of life's greatest moments where we shall unite King Benjamin Adams and Lady Mal Fairy in marriage "

Ben smiled at Mal.

" Before we continue. If anyone objects to this union, please speak now or forever hold your peace "

The room remained silent until the doors burst open revealing Hades.