EXTRA (Soulmate AU, #2)

Start from the beginning

"Oh, party pooper," Ogiwara pouts. Collecting the cake plate from the desk, he chuckles. "Well, I'm sure you'll settle on one of them eventually. They're your soulmates for a reason, after all."

Aisaka pouts.

Ogiwara had chosen his bonds early-- and that is, he identified as an aromantic. In line with that decision, his marks all vanished on his seventeenth birthday. It was a year earlier than the usual, but that isn't uncommon at all.

"Even if we have to choose, it's not like I'm particularly interested in having a fated bond or anything," Aisaka mutters into his hand, resting his chin in his palm. "My soulmates got me through everything thus far. That's what they do. They can stop doing it any time they want, like they did for you."

Ogiwara checks around the cafe, noting the nice atmosphere, nods at his pleasant waiters, and he decides that it's okay for the owner to sit down before his old friend for a chat about love and relationships.

"Well, I did have a proper conversation with all of them before splitting off," Ogiwara says, but he lets the words trail off.

"Like, I'm fine being independent from the bond, and I guess I'd be fine with one too, but," Aisaka's eyes flicker everywhere as he speaks and Ogiwara just smiles endearingly at him as he waits for the boy to continue, "would any of them even choose me? That's the question. I mean, it's not a one-sided thing, so if no one wants me, I don't ... really have a way to choose anyone either, right?"

Ogiwara hums, "you know Saka, you're always confident about your skills and talents, but when it really comes down to it, you're one inconsistent wreck, huh?"

The blunt statement stabs a critical hit right into Aisaka's heart. Oh, how it hurts.

"Don't blame me!" He whines, a little loud but he's near tears so he doesn't care, "I don't really-- care for things like that, so... and the author keeps projecting her insecurities into me! Blame her for my inconsistent personality!"

Ogiwara shushes him, though he's still smiling.

"I'm sure they want you," he says, knowing he sounds baseless, but confident all the same. "They love you. Just like I love my soulmates, platonic as we are. I'll fly over the country if they ever need me, even when we're no longer bonded. No matter how we turn out, love is always there-- whether it's eros, or agape, or everything in between. That's the beauty of the soulmate system, after all."

Aisaka pouts, but he doesn't say more.

-

Aisaka is unexpectedly the youngest of the Miracles in their age, due to the Japanese school year system. It's perhaps not so unexpected, depending on how you look at it.

It's early June when Kise came out to everyone and admitted he was going to permanently bond with the captain of Kaijou.

Haizaki had been more than happy to pawn off the 'parasite' as he called it, but Aomine and Kuroko gave their well wishes. Aomine proceeded to drag Kasamatsu into an isolated room and threaten him about the things he'd do if he ever hurt Kise or something, but Aisaka pretended not to know that.

(Aisaka didn't go watch it or anything-- he just felt it. The bond between him and Aomine kept this similar wavelength for them, so everything Aisaka felt like doing, Aomine felt like doing-- vice versa.)

Kise was going to continue his modelling and acting career-- but Kasamatsu was going to study. They would live together in a quaint apartment in Tokyo, like a blessed pair going a straight road toward their happily ever after.