34.

AN: Next chapter is the last! And in case you're wondering-- yes, it is the timeskip/reunion chapter :) 

-

-

-

TAIGA:

The streets all look
Shady as hell, Hiro.

HIROTO:

Says the American.

Kagami Taiga scowls at his phone. He'd spent the whole day travelling over to Tokyo, so it goes without saying that he was exhausted already.

He was supposed to meet his father here for dinner-- and then they were going to spend a night at the hotel as they talked and caught up and finally got their living plans sorted out.

He decided to take the scenic route from the train station and now... he's lost. And he's going to be late.

Damn it, Tokyo. How complicated can your roads be?

HIROTO:

Careful dude, remember
The manga I told you about?

Don't go into the alleys!

TAIGA:

STOP SCARING ME

"God damn it Hiro, stop screwing with me and help!" he snaps at the phone in English, frustrated at this point. He's too tired for this crap.

People are giving him suspicious glances, and Kagami mirthfully sighs as he realizes they all think he's a suspicious hooligan looking for a target.

Man, this is a pain. It'll be awkward to ask for directions now.

Maybe he should just call up his dad and--

"Uhm."

Taiga freezes.

"You dropped your train pass."

He turns to the side. Then he looks down.

And he leaps back in surprise, not so sure when this guy walked up to him, or when he got so close, or why the heck he has light blue damn hair that's bright as heck--

"Ah, sorry for startling you."

He speaks in a monotonous voice, like a stoical answering machine.

And Taiga's mind begins to run through all the psychological horror manga that Hiroto has lovingly decided to talk about at 2am every day.

Externally, he's confused. Internally he is absolutely freaking out.

"Geez, Tetsu, back off a little. You're freaking him out."

"Oh, Aomine-kun."

Taiga gets a moment to come back to reality. There's another one now-- a tanned guy that stood around his own height. Which is pretty tall.