16.

The Cultural Festival runs smoothly.

Aisaka leans on the bar stool, wearing a barista's coat, with a deep chestnut acoustic guitar in his lap. He strums each beat and lets the notes sing for themselves.

His hair is bound up halfway because the girls in class thought he'd look cuter that way. They were too fearsome to resist, so he allowed them to bind his hair in a rather simple half-bun.

He'd managed to convince them to leave his glove as it is, (mainly because he'll have to take it off while his hands are on the guitar) but he still can't understand why he needed makeup and eyeliner.

He's not playing a tune anyone recognizes. It's a tune from his past that he's heard many times on the radio but never bothered to learn its name. He plays it by ear with what meager self-taught understanding of the instrument he has, and it works, barely.

Midorima plays the part of a waiter perfectly. His hands are held in professional angles and his mannerisms are so perfect he could pass for a real butler. (Though, he's only supposed to be a waiter-- oh well, nevermind.)

It impresses the guests as much as it does his own classmates, and the peaceful lull of their cafe is a hotspot of the festival.

There's little that actually happens in the store, so in the off chance where they both have a break and another pianist or guitarist takes over, they take a walk around. Aisaka slips his glove on and the girls in class have no way to protest.

They escape the hell hole that was Murasakibara's class (he looked amazing in that wig and dress) and says hi to Kuroko (Midorima shrieks [I did NOT]) and Kuroko gets slapped in the face) then they find themselves watching part of a play where Soldier Haizaki is pushed off a tower to his death. (Curse you, Queen Aomine!)

"I thought you said you weren't part of the play!"

"Shut up, I was the sub!"

It's blissfully stupid, but they enjoy it all the same. Midorima's expressions rarely change from exasperated to stupefied, but when he thinks Aisaka isn't looking, there's a faint smile left at the curl of his lips.

(Aisaka's not sure why Midorima always looks away when Aisaka turns to him, though.)

"Where should we go next? A haunted house?"

"I am not interested in such things, but if you would like to go, I am willing to accompany you."

"Really? Thank you! Then, let's go to Momoi's class!"

"Wait-- why that one?!"

"...oh, we can't?"

"No, that's not what I meant--"

"Then off to there we go!"

-

OGIWARA:

I heard ur a butler Kuroko ヽ(・∀・)ノ

And Saka's a host or smth?

AISAKA: