EXTRA (Soulmate AU, #2)

AN: A continuation to the previous soulmate AU chapter. This is set after the ending of the fic, depicting future events not including LAST GAME events. 

Once again, this is not canon to the fic. If you're devastated by the choice of ships, you should skip this chapter! xD Enjoy this nonsense, fellow degenerates. 

I know a lot of you ship a lot of things in the fic, but for this chapter's purpose, I had to match everyone with someone, so unfortunately, the endgame ships for this chapter (not for the fic. This isn't canon to the fic) is AoKagaKuro, KiKasa, AkaFuri, MidoTaka, and MuraHimu. Which leaves Aisaka with NijiHai

p.s I'm bad at writing romance pls forgive me

-

-

-

At birth, your soulmates are determined by the lines of words around your wrist, dictating the first socially meaningful words they say to you.

Everyone has a soulmate or three, or four. Half of them are usually platonic, a few of them would give you a bond that transcends anything else, but only one of them is the one you'll love forever.

Aisaka is the same.

But there's another step in the equation-- the maturity-- wherein, around the time people turn eighteen, most of the marks will begin to fade.

Their connections will eventually vanish as well, and on their birthdays, they can bond with their one true love, the 'loyally fated' per se.

People part from bonds and choose an individual outside of their circle, some settle down with more than one lover, and others choose to remain independent from a true love. It varied from pair to pair.

"Even if you say that, when my selection is full of losers, I'm kind of disappointed," Aisaka admits over his coffee, and Ogiwara chuckles out loud, his hand leaving the notepad as he tries to stifle his laughter.

"Don't say that," he says, keeping it as hushed as possible in the pop music ambience of his cafe, "Kuroko will be sad, you know."

Shortly after graduation, Ogiwara cranked open the dusty doors of his late uncle's cafe in Tokyo. Much like most of their peers, he had quit basketball after high school-- now he was rebuilding this cafe from the ground up, and his cheerful demeanor did him a ton of favours in the field.

The rest of the Miracles, however, went on to study in their respective colleges.

For now, only Aisaka and Aomine have made a clear decision to play basketball professionally in the future. They had scholarships and official scouts from American sponsors, and they even had Alex as their guarantee.

Nijimura and Kagami were also keen on that route, but Kise, Midorima, and Akashi had their doubts. Momoi and Kuroko, who knew they wouldn't make it far on a professional stage, were already making waves to head toward an Education major.

(Young adult age was really the tough decision-making time of life, wasn't it?)

"But we all know that Tetsuya has something going on with Mine or Taiga," Aisaka whines, sipping almost angrily on his coffee. "It's like everyone's running to get a boyfriend around here."

"Speaking of boyfriends," Ogiwara grins, "are Nijimura-san's soul marks gone yet? You two are roommates, aren't ya?"

Aisaka groans, "Ogi, I swear, if you quote that meme--"