29.

"A Poetry anthology, huh..." Hiroto looks around Alex's little book shelf, "there's nothing but basketball magazines here." He finds a dictionary, and then a travel magazine. "There's nothing but magazines."

"Your luck is tenth in the ranks today, so be very careful," Midorima warns him, for the millionth time in their conversation.

His disapproving face is clear on the screen of the laptop, and Hiroto chuckles. Midorima tends to prefer video calling Aisaka just to make sure he can see what Hiroto's doing, but it also makes him quite a nag.

"I promised Tatsuya I'd go out to get myself a new brace," Aisaka tells Midorima, showing the camera his very visibly worn out strap. "And then, I'm going to try playing basketball again with his friends. They have a streetball court around the corner, and they invited me to join."

"That's great to hear," Midorima says, "tell us when you're done crushing them."

"Oh, you sound like Atsushi."

"Do not compare me to that sugar-brained buffoon."

Hiroto laughs at that. Midorima's as prickly as ever, and as usual, he gets along awfully bad with Murasakibara.

"I'll get one on the way out, then," he assures the boy, "isn't it about time for practice on your side? Go on now. Say hi to the generation of idiots for me!"

"Don't call us tha--!!"

The call disconnects. Aisaka stands up with a contented sigh.

It's been roughly a month or a little more since he made it here, and LA was starting to look more familiar. Maybe it's because he was here a lot in his past life.

His voice was back in perfect condition after countless noisy video calls. He still stutters every so often and his speaking is much slower than his mother tongue has any right to be, but he can talk and that's all that matters.

Tatsuya and Alex quickly found out his linguistic ability in English after that, and then efforts were made to settle him into the country.

No school though. He'll probably skip until high school.

"Alright," he squeezes his fist a few times for good measure, "time to get myself back in shape for real."

He goes for morning runs, but he wonders if he still remembers how to play basketball. Oh well, all the fun is in starting over, right?

-

AISAKA:

Looks like we'll need a raincheck
On that promise (◞‸◟;)

But I'll definitely come back!

OGIWARA:

I'll be waiting! ˭̡̞(◞⁎˃ᆺ˂)◞*✰

But Kuroko is mine until then
cus ur meanie for leaving us

AISAKA: