EXTRA (TBHK AU)

AN: Have you watched Toilet Bound Hanako-kun? Don't worry if you didn't! The basic premise is that there are seven 'ghost stories' (The Seven Wonders/Mysteries) in school, and they're real.  Normal ghosts/spirits/wandering souls are real as well, normal people just can't see them.

In this oneshot, the GoM including Aisaka are those seven supernatural beings. Basically, they're ghosts! P.s the number of the mysteries don't exactly matter, but number Seven is the leader, so that's Akashi. 

And thus, I have slotted in every side character into Teiko Junior High so this story can take place in the same school. I only managed to fit about half of them in this chapter, cause it's about 6k now haha. Enjoy reading.

-

Mystery #7: The Shogi Board

"Hey, have you heard? There's a ghost in the Student Council second Room, and he's always looking for someone to play Shogi with-- apparently if you win, he'll grant you any one wish. If you lose, however..."

-

"Hey, have you heard?"

Furihata jolts. Himuro leans over his desk and smiles, almost deviously.

"I- Is it another ghost story?" Furihata asks, his voice shaking, slowly closing his book. "You know I don't do well with those, Himuro-san."

Furihata honestly doesn't know why he's always in this situation.

The basketball club is full of deviant seniors, and because Himuro 'I don't have a brother complex' Tatsuya always manages to come by when Kagami runs off, Furihata is stuck entertaining one of the weirder members of the bunch.

Himuro keeps smiling anyways. "It's fine, isn't it? They're interesting. And I've told you about all the school mysteries except the seventh thus far," he says, ignoring Furihata's whine of 'I don't wanna hear them please' in favour of his tale. "So, you know how the Student Council's second room has a Shogi Board?"

Furihata hums at that, thinking back.

The Student Council's second room-- or, the old Student Council room, which is now used as a secret breaktime lounge of sorts-- does in fact have an infamous Shogi Board by the window.

There are bookshelves, there is a tea set, and even desks. The Shogi Board is always there, the only entertainment in that weird room arrangement, other than the bookshelves and the tea set. No one quite knows why the Student Council hasn't removed or returned it to the Shogi Club yet.

"I heard that if you enter the room when no one else is around, you'll find the pieces all set up," Himuro says. "With one side having moved once, specifically."

Furihata already doesn't like where this is going.

"Apparently, the student council president many generations ago was unbeatable at Shogi," Himuro says, his voice lowering to an ominous tone. "And he's still there, eagerly waiting for worthy challengers..."

Furihata shivers, "what happens if you play against him?"

Himuro smirks. "Well, if you win, I heard he will grant you anything you want. But if you lose..."

Furihata swallows thickly.

Himuro doesn't get to answer, though-- because in the next second, Kagami is back like a whirlwind, and his eyes zero in on Himuro immediately.