Chapter 2 - A Call

"Hey it's me, Bokuto." A voice was heard through the phone.

Oh gosh, here we go. Akaashi was annoyed, since he was basically forced to talk to this guy that he barely even knew.

"Hello. Err- what did you want to talk about?" Akaashi said quietly, but making his voice still audible.

"Dunno, just wanted to chat. Your sister asked me to talk with you, so yeahh~." Bokuto's voice sounded pretty chill and relaxed. For some reason, hearing his voice soothed Akaashi. It was very calming to listen to.

"Oh. Well um.." Keiji leaned against his bed frame again, thinking of something to say to this third-year. There was a silence between them that for some odd reason, didn't feel awkward. It just felt comforting and relaxing. The stillness stayed between us for a few more seconds, until Bokuto broke it.

"How are you? You're in my science class, right?" Bokuto said that with enthusiasm and happiness. 

Why does he sound so happy? The fuck?  "I'm good.. and yeah I'm in your science class." He made his voice a little more clear and louder. Akaashi wasn't ever good at talking to people, unless he was pretty close to them. But, Keiji is getting more comfortable talking to this guy.

"Huh, that's pretty weird. You're a second-year I'm pretty sure. Why are you in a third-year's science class?" He questioned through the phone. It seems like Bokuto is starting to get comfortable around Akaashi as well.

"Honestly, I'm not really sure. I was just put into the class." Akaashi said honestly. He was now speaking in his normal tone, which isn't standard for him. Commonly, he would speak in a very quiet tone towards new people that he has barely, or have not even met before.

Bokuto leaned back in his chair, which he was sitting in. Kotaro's room is quite clean, surprisingly. There was a desk with a laptop sitting on it, and his bed was in the corner of his room. There was a dark brown, wood night stand, and a dresser that matched. There were many papers on his desk, but that was about it. Everywhere else was pretty clean. "Jeez, you must be pretty smart then, huh?" Bokuto mainly sighed while asking Keiji the question.

Akaashi could hear his sigh through the phone. "I guess so, but I don't really try in school. My grades are mainly B's and C's at the moment." Akaashi took a peek outside his window. It was raining outside, and it started pouring the moment he turned back to look at his phone. It was raining extremely hard, Akaashi was sure that Bokuto could hear the rain through the screen.

"Is it raining hard outside for you, Akaashi?" Bokuto questioned. Just as expected, it was also pouring outside for him. His curtains were closed, but he could hear the rain hitting his roof.

"Yeah. We live in the same area right? Of course it would be raining for me too." Akaashi slightly laughed, surprisingly. He was getting comfortable around Bokuto, and actually starting treating him like a friend.. not like he's ever had any, but Akaashi actually felt genuinely happy talking to this man.

Bokuto let out a laugh, one that wasn't forced. Then after a few seconds, they started laughing together.. like real friends. In all honesty, Bokuto hasn't felt this happy in a while. He was glad that he got to meet Akaashi, and talk to him.

"Hey, you know what? I think it would be nice to have a friend every once in a while." Akaashi admitted, still laughing with his new-found friend.

"Yeah, I haven't laughed like this in so long! Really, it's nice to talk to someone sometimes." Bokuto agreed, responding to Akaashi.

"Hey, what type of music do you listen to, Bokuto?" Akaashi asked, changing the subject.

"Ehhh.. I don't really know. I just listen to whatever. Plus, I don't listen to music that much." Bokuto said, answering Keiji's question.

"Really? I expected for you to have a Spotify playlist or something." Akaashi was surprised, he thought that Bokuto would be the type of person to enjoy listening to music, and listen to it 24/7 like Akaashi does.

"I guess I do have a Spotify playlist, I just don't listen to it that much." Bokuto sighed, resting his head on his hand while his eyes were wandering around his room. 

"Oh, you seem like the type of person to listen to music. I guess I assumed wrong~." Akaashi closed his eyes and rested his head back.

"Hm, I didn't know that. Nobody has ever said anything like that about me before." Bokuto replied, smiling at his phone. He took it as a compliment. "What about you, what music do you listen to?" He asked curiously.

"Well, let's see.." Akaashi turned his head back to his phone and started scrolling through his platlist. "Some artists and bands I like are Mother Mother, Clairo, The Neighborhood, Arctic Monkeys, Girl in Red, etc." He said while still looking through his playlist that was composed of over 100 songs.

"Ooh, those sound cool! I might listen to them." Bokuto exclaimed, still smiling at his device that was laying on his desk.

"Yeah, you should! Their songs are really good." Akaashi reccommended, letting his eyes close once again.

Kotaro and Keiji continued their conversation for what felt like hours, until Akaashi was called for dinner.

"Hey, I got to go. I'll talk to you later, Bokuto!" Akaashi said goodbye, and hung up. While slipping his phone in his pocket, he walked off downstairs.

Maybe I could have a few friends.

-

-

A/N- i hope you enjoyed this chapter! :D i love you all <3

~author-chan (⌒‿⌒)