Chapter 17 - Eavesdropping

Akaashi had a fun night with Kenma- or rather, morning. They had school the next day, of course. Akaashi stayed the night at Kenma's because he didn't want to walk home when it was 5 in the morning.

Both of the boys woke up to the sound of Kenma's alarm. It was around 6AM, so they both had a good 30 minutes of sleep, basically a nap. The boys realized they had to live the day with half an hour of sleep, but to say the least, they were used to it. Normally they did stay up late doing things like homework or just gaming, but 30 minutes of sleep was pretty alright for them. It's better than getting no sleep.

Akaashi groaned. "I don't want to do school.." He mumbled, pulling the sheets back over his head.

Kenma yawned. "Morning~" He got off of his bed and looked at himself in the mirror. Jeez, I'm a mess. Kenma looked back over at the bed, with a still sleepy Akaashi on it. "You know, it's rude to not say morning back, Akaashi." Kenma smirked and poked Akaashi through the blanket.

Akaashi squirmed under the blanket. "I don't wannaaa." He whined groggily, pulling the blanket down so his face is visible.

"Up!" Kenma pulled the blanket off of Akaashi, revealing Akaashi, who looked like he just went through multiple fights and managed to survive all of them. (Well, technically that was the case- but we don't talk about that.) His hair was a mess, somehow messier than Kenmas, and there were small eyebags under his eyes. He's cute, tf. I'm jealous. "How are you so pretty, even when you look like that? I'm jealous~" Kenma whined.

Akaashi huffed. "Is that supposed to be a compliment?"

"Duh! Atleast say thank you." The shorter boy pouted.

"Thanks?" Akaashi sat up and rubbed his eyes. "Do you have any spare toothbrushes? I didn't bring anything besides my bag."

"I think so, you can go get breakfast downstairs. My mom is probably awake by now."

"Kayyy, thanks."

-

The day was going by pretty smoothly, besides the fact that Akaashi almost fell asleep about 5,000 times. A good thing is not as many people gave him stares or gave him comments, which was pretty nice. Still though, Bokuto hasn't been talking to him. 

Riiinggg!

The mid-day bell rang, which means that it's time for lunch. Yay..! Akaashi sighed, getting out of seat. He was about to walk out of his classroom when he was greeted with Kenma standing outside. "Hi, Kenma."

"Hey. Ready?"

"Huh?" Akaashi slightly tilted his head.

"For lunch, stupid."

"Oh, yeah. You don't have to do anything with Kuroo today?"

"No, he said that he's going to hang out with Bokuto."

Akaashi gulped from hearing the name "Bokuto" come out of Kenma's mouth. "Ah, okay. Let's go."

Kenma nodded and went up to the rooftop with Akaashi.

Little did they know, Bokuto was nearby also planning on heading to the rooftop to see Kuroo. He was in Language Arts cleaning up. Right as he was about to walk out, he saw two familiar people. Is that Kenma and Akaashi? What are they doing? Bokuto didn't want to grab their attention, so he stayed quiet while earing in on their conversation.

"Do you know why Bokuto-san has been ignoring me? Did I do something wrong..?"

"He probably fell for those stupid rumors. Even if you did try to talk to him, he probably wouldn't believe you. Maeda is one of his friends from childhood too."

"I guess.. I miss him though."

"You had a crush on him, right?"

"Yeah, I still do. I'll probably get over it though."

"Knowing you, you definately won't."

"Hey!"

Bokuto watched as the two boys playfully pushed eachother and laughed. Rumors? Huh? Does he mean when I was told that he beat up Eita? Bokuto sighed. 

Of course I wouldn't believe that, dummy Akaashi.

-

Kenma and Akaashi stepped onto the rooftop to see an unexpected person sitting in the corner.

"Kuro?"

The black-haired boy looked over to see his friend, Kenma, and another boy.

"Hey Kenma!"

Kuroo got up and walked over to the two boys.

"What's up?" Kuroo looked over at Akaashi. "And who's this?"

"That's Akaashi. Hurt him and I'll break your ribcage." Kenma shot a glare at Kuroo that made him flinch.

"Yessir." Kuroo looked over at Akaashi and waved. "I'm Kuroo, nice to meet ya. No need for honorifics." He put his hands on his hips and put on a big grin.

Akaashi just nodded in response. "Kay."

Kuroo slightly frowned. "I was expecting something more than that." He huffed.

Akaashi slightly tilted his head to the left. "Huh?"

"Like, I don't know. Maybe not just 'kay' as an introduction?" Kuroo wiped a fake tear and crossed his arms.

"Um.."

"Sorry, Akaashi. He's dramatic, don't mind him." Kenma said quietly while leaning against the fence.

The moment Kuroo opened his mouth to say something, someone stepped through the door.

It was Bokuto.