Chapter 19 - Beer

!TRIGGER WARNING! there are mentions of self harm, abuse, and alcohol in this chapter, if you are sensitive to those topics please don't read this!

The school day was over. A lot happened, but Akaashi's mind kept going back to the conversation on the rooftop. So it was a stupid dare, huh. I probably should've known. Bokuto-san wouldn't believe rumors so easily.

Akaashi was walking home alone. Kenma had to do something with Kuroo today and Bokuto was being picked up by his sister.

Akaashi was back at his home, which was now completely a mess. His father was still home and the police haven't caught on to him yet. Sighing, he slowly opened his front door to see his father holding a small pocket knife in his hands.

Akaashi's eyes widened. Fuck.

The knife was Akaashi's knife he used for cutting. His dad found it. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.

"Hey... what's this.." His father said hoarsely with a smug look on his face. "I found it in the dresser.."

Akaashi responded with a gulp. "It's- um.."

"You wanna die...?" He muttered, slightly getting closer to Akaashi.

He's definately drunk. No doubt about it. Akaashi stayed silent, keeping a stare at his dad.

Akaashi's father closed the knife and slipped it into his pocket in one swift move. He probably tore his pants. "I ran out of beer... get me some.." He got closer and pinned his son to the wall.

How the hell do I get beer for you if I'm pinned to the wall? I'm also too young, idiot. "I won't be able to." Akaashi said in a shakey and low voice.

His father scowled. "Tch, useless brat.." He picked Akaashi up by his collar and landed a hard punch on his face, causing a nosebleed. "Why didn't you die with your sibilings?...."

Akaashi snapped. "DON'T FUCKING TALK ABOUT THEM!" After he said that, he just realized what he did and gulped.

"Hnnn..? What did you just say to me you little shit?" He punched his son's arm, causing the cuts to open once again.

Akaashi mumbled out a "fuck" and bit his lip, trying to ignore the excruciating pain from his arm.

"Get me my beer." He said sternly, pushing Akaashi up against the wall.

"At least let me clean up first."

Akaashi's father scowled and stepped back. "Make it quick."

Akaashi sighed and walked over to the bathroom to clean up his cuts.

-

Akaashi was now walking to the nearby store where his dad normally got his beer. I'm not even old enough to get beer. Is this man stupid?

Akaashi entered the store slowly.

"Welcome." The man from the cash register smiled and waved. Akaashi smiled in response.

He walked over to the cashier. "Excuse me,"

"Yes?"

"Am I allowed to get beer?"

The cashier didn't expect that. "Oh, um.. what's your age?"

"I'm seventeen."

Damn, he's honest. "No, I apologize. You can't get any. It's illegal for your age."

Akaashi sighed. "Damn, that old hag is going to kill me."

"Huh?"

Shit I said that out loud. "It's nothing. Have a good day, sir."

Akaashi walked out of the shop quickly, leaving the cashier dumbfounded.

-

As he was walking home, he thought of an idea. That will probably work. He is old enough to legally buy beer.. let's just say that the legal age is 18 yo in japan Akaashi took out his phone from his pocket and texted Kenma.

-------

kenma

kenma?

hey wsp

does bokuto-san have a phone?

uh ya why

i need his number, can u give it to me

..k im just not gonna ask

just give it to me tf

yeah yeah ok here ###-###-####

alr cool thanks

npnp

-------

Akaashi sighed in relief and entered the number into his contacts.

-

Bokuto's phone dinged. Oh, that's probably Kuroo. He picked up his phone to see who texted him. It was an unknown number.

-------

unknown number

hey bokuto-san it's me akaashi

-------

Bokuto gasped then immediately changed the contact name.

-------

akaashii :D

hi akaashiii!! how did yuo get my number?

kenma gave it to me

ooh cool!! do you need somethingm?

uh yeah, kinda a big favor

okay!! what is iy?

can you get me some beer?

huh? why

don't ask just please get me some, im not going to drink any

okay!! wait at the park for me give me like 15 minutes or aomething

alright

see u thereeee

-------

Bokuto was definitely confused, but he still was going to get the beer anyways. He drank once in a blue moon, and it was always with Kuroo.

-

Akaashi was sitting on one of the park swings scrolling through Instagram. The park Bokuto talked about was the one that Akaashi normally stayed at when he wanted to calm his nerves, so he knew exactly where it was. It wasn't too far away from where he was walking, so it didn't take that long to get there.

It has been around 10 minutes, and a certain third year strolled up at the park.

"Agaaashiii!!"