"But you did," is all I say before I storm out the door, slamming it shut behind me. 

I hear the door open and Carl says, "Paige, stop! Where are you going?"

Before he can catch up to me I sprint through Alexandria until I reach the gate. I climb to the top and hop over to the outside world and don't stop running until I feel like I'm going to pass out. Sweat drips down my face as I fall to the ground gasping for air. After a few minutes I force myself to sit up and lean against a giant rock.

I close my eyes and rest my head on the cold rock before I hear a twig snap and realize that I haven't been thinking about the walkers that are roaming around. Even if I want to die, I refuse to get taken out by one of those things. I instinctively pat my pockets for weapons before I remember what happened. 

"Shit," I mutter. Now it will really be Carl's fault if I die. I peek my head around the rock and see exactly what I was thinking I would see. Three walkers are stumbling around heading towards my direction.

I almost hop up but realize that would draw attention to myself, so I hesitate for a moment. I hear the crunch of the leaves as they come closer and I can feel my heart beating fast. I finally decide that staying here any longer will only increase my chances of getting bit, so I stand up as quietly as I can. However, I hear grumbling so I turn around to see the walkers have taken notice of me and are now stumbling in my direction. 

"It's only three," I whisper to myself. I start jogging in the opposite direction before I realize I have no fucking clue where I even am. I wasn't paying attention when I ran off and I may have strayed out further than I intended. But I have to get out of here, I think. I start jogging forward again, before I am met with about 10 more walkers. I come to a halt when they notice me and I start to panic since I still don't know where I am. 

The sound of a gunshot fills the air and I throw myself on the ground out of instinct. My fear increases with the sound of each gunshot. What the hell is going on?

"Paige!" I hear a voice call out after the gunshots end. "Paige! Are you okay?" Carl comes running up to me as I stand up and he grabs my hands.

I jerk my hands away quickly. "I'm fine," I grumble.

Carl's worried demeanor suddenly changes. "You're welcome," he says sarcastically.

"I was fine. I had it," I say, starting to follow Carl back through the woods.

"I saved your life!" Carl shouts. "You had no weapons."

I scoff and roll my eyes. "Gee, I wonder whose fault that was."

"Oh, don't go blaming this on me again."

"This was your fault entirely! You took my weapons, I was defenseless, so fuck you."

I hear Carl sigh. "Look, Paige, I'm sorry, okay? I just really care about you. I love you, and the thought of anything happening to you just because I didn't do something about it..."

"Save it," is all I say and we continue to walk in silence.

Rosita opens the gates for us when we reach Alexandria and looks confused, but doesn't say anything. 

"Please don't tell my dad," Carl whispers to her and she nods understandingly.

Carl places a hand on my back to guide me back to his house and I don't push him away this time, but I'm still pissed.

I sit down on the couch in his house and cross my arms while he digs in the closet behind me for something. Carl appears in front of me and hands me a backpack. I don't take it, so he unzips it to show me all of my weapons and then sets it down beside me. He scoops me up in his arms and places me on his lap as he takes my spot on the couch. I rest my head on Carl's shoulder and he tightens his arms around me as he places a soft kiss on the top of my head.

"Look, it didn't sound as rude in my head."

I giggle a little bit but stop because I remember I'm mad at him.

"No, seriously. You aren't immature and you are in no way selfish. I promise," Carl whispers, rubbing my back. "I just can't handle the thought of you dying. I couldn't live without seeing my beautiful girl everyday." 

I snuggle up closer into him and bite my tongue so I don't start crying.

"I shouldn't have taken your weapons. I won't do it again, I promise. Just please come talk to me if you ever feel like... hurting yourself, okay? I won't be mad, I just want to help you, okay?"

I nod into Carl's chest. "I love you," I finally say.

 He kisses me again. "I love you too."

"I'm still mad at you," I whisper.

Carl chuckles. "Sure seems like it."

"Fuck off."

Been so longggg since I posted! I really like this one it's so cute.