(25) Hey Alexa, Play "Right Here Right Now" from High School Muscial

"I choose you. And I'll choose you over and over and over. Without pause, without a doubt, in a heartbeat. I'll keep choosing you." -unknown

It had been a few hours since Lilli arrived back at the hideout. Kurt and Warren were immediately sent to Hank in the medbay and Lilli and Peter were sent to the X-Men to debrief. Jean had explained that she'd been unable to mind link to them since there was some sort of block around the hideout, and Peter explained what Cas had told them on the way out. Supposedly he hadn't even known about Warren and Kurt being held hostage until that morning, which showed that Kezing was losing trust in Cas for whatever reason.

Lilli was anxiously eating a bag of popcorn as she sat in the meeting room. She felt worry gnawing at her— how were Warren and Kurt doing?? Warren especially had been extremely worse for wear. Lilli didn't even want to know what they'd done to him.

The door to Lilli's right slowly opened. She looked up and saw Hank entering the room and heading towards his seat. Lilli immediately perked up. "Hank! How are they?" She asked, setting down her snack.

Hank looked up at her and slowly nodded. "They'll be alright. Resting now," he replied as he sat down in his chair.

Lilli stood up. "I don't have anything else to say. Kezing wasn't there. Cas was. That's about it. Bye guys!" Lilli called as she sidled out of the door and hurried down the hallway to medbay. Even if Warren was resting, she had to make sure with her own eyes that he was okay. Not that she didn't trust Hank, because she did— it was something else. She just had to see for herself that he was okay.

Lilli arrived at the medbay door. She paused for a moment, trying to catch her breath. After composing herself, she hesitantly opened the door and walked into the bright room.

There was a row of beds along the far wall, underneath bright white LED lights. All of the beds were empty except for two, which held Warren and Kurt, both sound asleep. Lilli slowly headed over to where Warren lay.

His wings were extended lazily behind him, still striped with blood from the leather cords. There were bruise marks around his arms where the straps had been and Lilli could only assume there were bruises around his stomach and legs as well.

But he was okay. He would be alright.

Lilli breathed out a sigh of relief as she sunk down onto the bed next to Warren. His eyes were closed and his face looked so angelic, so peaceful. Lilli smiled to herself. He looked just like how he used to when he would nap on her lap when they were on the run together. Those few days had been the most terrifying of her life, but she had been so close with Warren, and she had felt like they both truly understood one another.

But then she'd messed things up and it could never be the same again between them. He would always think she'd leave him and she would always know that. No matter how much Lilli wanted Warren back— and she was beginning to think it was quite a bit— he wouldn't ever want her again too. If she were him, she would hate herself too.

A rustling broke Lilli out of her thoughts. She looked down at Warren to see his soft eyelashes fluttering open. His blue eyes blinked a few times as he adjusted to the light before he noticed Lilli sitting next to him.

"You're back. It's been years, Warren," Lilli said, smiling sadly. His brows knotted together for a second, causing Lilli to snort. "Really, these past few years have just been so—"

"Shut up," he mumbled, backhanding her arm. He turned his head over and saw Kurt still asleep a few beds down. "How long have we been out?" He asked as he turned his head back around to look up at Lilli.