(17) Who Knew Professor X Had a Secret Lair??

"I'm hiding... it's safe in here. I'm hiding, I feel safe in here." Hiding by Violet Indiana

The trio weaved their way past Kezing agents who seemed to be multiplying by the minute. They were crawling all throughout the halls and starting to pick rooms to stay in. Lilli assumed that the Kezing agents were staying in the Institute, and it made her feel sick. She felt like a citizen of a small town that was being occupied by an evil empire.

It took a few minutes, but Lilli, Warren, and Peter eventually arrived at the basement. Fortunately, the lights were on. The three X-Men weaved their way from room to room, making sure to stay quiet. There weren't any Kezing agents that they could see, but that didn't mean that there weren't some lurking in dark corners.

"Where are they?" Lilli whispered after they'd searched the majority of the basement without seeing any of the others. She looked at Peter and Warren but they only shrugged. They didn't know either.

"Psst!" Came a noise. Lilli jumped and whirled around to see Ororo poking her head out of a doorway that led to a storage closet. "Lilli? Peter? Warren? Are you guys there?" She asked, looking around the room.

"Ororo?" Lilli asked, looking at Ororo suspiciously. She didn't drop the invisibility just yet— she didn't know it it was really Ororo or a shapeshifter.

"Lilli?" Ororo asked, looking in Lilli's direction. She sighed in relief. "Oh, thank God. Come here, we're all back in here."

"How do I know it's really you?" Lilli asked suspiciously. "Prove it. I'm not coming until I know for sure it's you."

Ororo bit her lip. "Umm... you sleep with a stuffed pig named Mr Cuddles?"

Lilli shook her invisible head. "Everyone knows about Mr Cuddles," she said, like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"I didn't," Warren and Peter objected in unison. Lilli sent a glare to the both of them— they were grinning— and turned back to Ororo.

"Something else. Something only you would know." She pressed. Ororo frowned.

"You used to reenact scenes from Star Wars with me and you'd always play R2D2 and would pretend—" Ororo started, but Lilli quickly cut her off.

"Okay, okay, it's you, let's go," she said quickly, not wanting Ororo to finish her sentence. She let go of Peter and Warren's hands, turning them all back to be visible. Ororo looked up at them and nodded.

"Okay, let's go. I will take you," she said, turning on her heel and into the dark storage room. Lilli followed, with Peter and Warren close behind her. They all walked to the back of the storage room, where Ororo started feeling the wall. Lilli exchanged a curious glance with Peter.

"What are you doing?" Peter asked Ororo. She shushed him, rubbing her hands around the stones for another few seconds until she hit a rock about halfway up the wall. She pressed it and stood back. Lilli jumped as a small section of the wall slid sideways, creating a small doorway. Ororo looked back at Lilli and laughed.

"Scaredy cat," she taunted. Lilli rolled her eyes.

"Oh, shut up. Where does this lead to?" She asked.

"Follow me. I will show you," Ororo said. She turned back around and stepped through the dark doorway. Lilli followed closely behind her.

The doorway led into a small, closet-sized room. The stone walls were damp with moisture and the floor was packed dirt. It was pitch black with no lighting whatsoever. Lilli could only barely make out her friends' shapes because of the light from outside of the storage room. Peter and Warren crammed in behind Lilli and Ororo, and the four of them were packed like sardines in the room. Lilli sneezed three times as a few of Warren's feathers ticked her nose.