Ch. 60

August 21st, 2019
       Memphis, TN

Cali's POV

Ever since my parents got back together they've been flying back and forth from Memphis to Miami

Ever since my parents got back together they've been flying back and forth from Memphis to Miami. So, I'm surprised I caught them hea. I thought I'd have to wait until I went to Miami to tell em.

" Why you didn't tell me?" My momma asked as she busted into my old room.

" Whatchu talking bout?" I asked confused.

" I just got off the phone with Meika, and she told me bout Key got a baby on the way. Why you didn't tell me?"

I swear old folks gossip so damn much. It don't make no sense.

" Cause I don't care." I said nonchalantly.

" You don't have to lie to me. I'm your mother I know where something is bothering you. So, really tell me how you feel." My momma said as she came to sit next to me on the bed.

" Ma, when I was 16 I was pregnant by Shy. I had a miscarriage, and found out I couldn't have kids. So, I was hurt that Key had a baby on me especially since he knew I couldn't have kids." I confessed.

" Hold on, all this happened when you were 16? Why you didn't come to us? We could've been there fa you."

" You and baba was in the middle of a divorce. Y'all was always arguing, then on top of all that we were moving hea. And when I was planning on getting ready to tell you I had miscarriage."

My momma began crying," I'm so sorry we weren't there fa you."

I hugged her, " It's ok. It's not y'all fault. I should've told once I found out. So, with that being said I'm actually 3 months pregnant by Key. Hence the fact as to why I'm moving back out hea." I blurted out.

" What? I thought you said you can't have kids." She said looking at me confused.

" Miracles happen." I smiled.

" OMG! How far along are you?" My momma asked screaming with excitement.

" I'm 3 months. I wanted to wait to tell y'all until I was outta my first trimester just to be safe." I said as she hugged me.

" I can't wait to go baby shopping with Meika!" She said clapping her hands.

" SLOW YA ROLL MA! Meika don't know, and neither does Key. And I would like to keep it that way for now." I said to her.

" Caliana, you need to tell him. Or at least tell Meika so she can."

" Ma, I'll tell Meika when I get back in a few weeks to come to my doctor's appointment." I said to her.

" Whatchu mean? I thought you was moving out hea?"

" I wanna travel my whole entire pregnancy. I want to be able to enjoy this whole experience. Since, this might be my only time to ever experience this. But I plan on coming back home for doctors appointments, and when I get close to my due date."