Chapter 50: Past Life

Depuis le début

Sun: What am I?

Blake: (smiling) Jury's still out on that one, but I'm leaning towards "earnest".

At this, Sun wraps his tail around his cup and takes a sip from it, before leaning on his hand with a goofy smile. Blake giggles and smiles for bit, before frowning as she continues.

Blake: At first I thought Adam was "justice", then I thought he was "passion". But over time, I realized I was wrong. He wasn't any of those things. He was "spite". Not "hatred", not "rage", "spite".

Blake: He won't accept equality, only suffering for what he feels the world did to him, and his way of thinking is dangerously contagious.

Blake: That's what worries me about Ilia. She's not like Adam, not yet at least, but I don't know how long that will last.

Sun: She was your friend, huh?

Blake: She was. Her chameleon traits meant she could pass as human. She could've lived a normal life if she wanted, but she didn't. I always admired that.

Blake: She lost her family in a mining accident when she was young, then she joined the White Fang. Like me, she was more or less trained on the road alongside other Faunus.

Blake: She learned to survive, to defend herself, but as people like Sienna and Adam started to gain a following, she became more dangerous.

Blake: I guess I did too. My parents tried to get me to leave with them, but I refused. I had Adam, Y/N, and Ilia after all.

Sun: You know we're gonna have to face her eventually.

Blake: I know.

Sun: So, what are you gonna do?

Blake: I'm going to try and help her the way you helped me.

Sun is surprised at her response.

Blake: You showed me that sometimes you need to be there for a friend even when they don't want you to be.

Blake: I was drowning in guilt and fear, I tried to push you away, but you didn't give up on me. And I can't give up on Ilia. It's about time I saved my friends for once.

Sun: Go for it.

A silence passes between as Sun speaks up.

Sun: Tell me if it's too much but I want to ask you some stuff.

Blake: Hmm?

Sun: I know you and Y/N were close but you haven't told me how exactly  you both met before Beacon.

Blake: Oh, that's a really long story.

Sun: You don't have to tell me if you don't want to.

Blake: No, it's okay. I just need to think back a little.

Blake: Okay, I think it was five years ago when my parents and I were still in the White Fang together.

Flashback~

Blake: (narrating) I wasn't there at the time but my dad told me most of what happened. You see back then my dad was the high leader of the white fang and during that time him along with a small group consisting of Adam, Ilia, and the current high leader Sienna Khan as they were on a mission to move some cargo to one of our bases until they were suddenly under gunfire by some supremacists.

The scene changes to a sunny day under a forest as bullets land against a truck parked in the middle of the road. As its driver leaps out, a masked Ilia, Sienna, and Adam, now with markings on his mask, all frown as they're pinned under heavy fire.