Chapter 7- New Girl

Start from the beginning

I shrugged. "French revolution." I whispered back. She nodded her head. She took out her copy and started writing.

****

When the bell rung I instantly stood up clearing my table shoving all my stuff back into my bag.

Just as I was about to leave Gabriella walked by my side. "I am Gabriella but you can call me Gabby." She stuck out her hand. I looked down at it confused and then back up to her. When she realised I wasn't going to shake it she retracted her hand.

"I'm Makayla but I go by Kayla." I gave her a small smile. While hers grew bigger.

"Look I don't really know my way around here so can you guide me to my next class?" She asked holding out her time table. I looked side to side to make sure this was actually happening. People never acknowledge my existence so this was weird.

"Umm sure." I took her time table. "You have science in the lab I'll take you since I'm going there too." I said.

She smiled back. I started to walk and she walked beside me. It was slightly awkward so I decided to talk.

"So where are you from?" I asked.

"Oh I'm from Massachusetts."

I nodded my head as we continued to walk down the hall. Gabriella was about to say something else just when we walked up to the science lab.

"Were here." I cut her off. She looked in through the open door noticing the teacher who sat at her desk.

"Well I have to talk to the teacher but thank you." She smiled.

"No problem." I let her walk in as I took my seat. Sadly in the lab we were put in assigned seats. But it wasn't too bad since I was put down the back.

Gabriella started walked down towards me but she ended up being seated in the other back row.

Class just dragged I pulled out my earphones hiding the wires under my jumper and my hair.

****

After science I had a different class compared to Gabriella. She had asked me to show her next class. Which I did. I didn't really see her for the rest of the day.

Right now it was lunch. I was currently waiting in the cue for food like I always do. I stared into space infront of me.

Everything seemed to pass me in a daze as I got my lunch and made my way to my usual seat. As I was walking out Wyatt was walking in he bumped shoulders hard, nearly causing me to fall. But I caught my balance. Only looking back to see him smirking.

He just wanted a reaction out of me I ignored him and headed straight outside. It was sunny out today but still a bit cold nothing you would freeze in.

I unwrapped my sandwich and took a bite. Sighing as I felt peaceful being away from everyone.

"Hey Kayla." I nearly jumped in fright when Gabriella appeared beside where I sat.

I swallowed a lump of my sandwich looking up at her. "Hey Gabriella."

She rolled her eyes. "You can call me Gabby. But you don't mind if I join you?" She asked. Gabby had her own lunch in her hand.

I was surprised she wanted to sit with me at lunch. "Um sure."

Her smiled widened as she took a place from across me. Gabby placed her bag beside her laying out her food right infront of her. "You know yesterday when I saw you it looked like you needed a friend and I needed a friend. It's a perfect match!" She smiled.