Chapter 29 - Khwaab (خواب)

Trembling in cold sweat, shuddered the heavily pregnant body, with her eyes shut tight and her hands holding her baby bump in the most protective of ways. She huffed and it was almost a struggle for her to breathe, her eyes closing tighter her arms squeezing around her belly. Until she sat up.

Laiba woke up from a nightmare. She pushed a palm against her lower back, stretching her back after the instant jerk sit up she had just done after waking up from her sleep. She huffed and puffed, settling her breathing rate, she focused hard trying to remember the dream that she had just saw. But she was one of those people who woke up and instantly forgot whatever they had just slept through. Annoyed at not being able to recall she taps the side of the bed to feel were Arif was. When her hand only touched mattress she looked that way to see an empty bed.

"Arifff! Arif!" She got up switching on the lights to see an empty room.

He came stumbling out the washroom with his eyes still squinted with heavy sleep.

"Laiba, what happened" he asked checking her head to toe, with his squinted eyes, making sure she's not hurt or anything.

"Hnff Arif" she began crying with her hands reached out towards him, like a baby would do to tell someone to pick them up.

Arif sat her down on the bed and hugged her soothing her back.
At first he'd always freak out seeing her randomly start crying, but now he was beginning to get used to her pregnancy hormones. He run his hand in her hair just soothing her, giving her the comfort she needed.

"Shshsha, Kya hua? Common ese nahi rotey" he cooed.

"Hnff hnf..I don't know I'm just feeling sacred. I saw a bad dream and I can't remember it" she sniffed in his shoulder. Letting her drool and snot stain his shirt.

He who was immune to this now and just rocked her front and back, putting her to sleep. For a second he too fell asleep in that sitting position till,
"Ukhhh..arif get off me, I need to pee" she said pushing him off. It took her a while to stand up but when she did a puddle grew around her on the floor.
She winced in disgust "ennkhh".

Before she could say anything he did
"your water broke" he said, looking at the puddle, he recognised it straight away after all the books he read to prepare for this time.

"Ohh..yes it did" she panicked when realised.
"It did! What should we do? What should we do?" She panicked shaking her hands. All the studying and preparation she did for this had flown out of her mind.

"Shsh clam down calm down, take deep breaths" he instructed whilst taking deep breaths himself, to calm himself too.
" is it hurting anywhere?" He asked.

"No..but it feels weird" she said with a concerned face, feeling movements inside her.

"Ok ok"

He sat her down and put the duvet over her legs.
"I'm going to get Muma and get the car ready. The hospital bag is already in the car..we got this! Let's do this! let's go have a baby" he kissed her lips real quick before running out.

She sat in the room snuggling the duvet closer to her covering herself properly.

He knocked against his parents room frantically, Zaakir opened the door with one eye open and pushed his eyebrow up questioning why Arif looks so awake and is banging his door at this hour.

"Baba baba ...we need to take laiba to the hospital"

"Kya hua kheriyat?" Zaakir opened both his eyes now paying more attention worried for Laiba.

"The baby is coming" arif told.

"Bilal or Safiya ko uthao tum, me apki Muma ko bhejta hu Laiba ke pass" Zaakir ordered.

Intekhaab✔️जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें