Chapter 18 - Mehfil

The party was held on a big yacht, decorated in different kinds of white. White drapes, ribbons, balloons and even tinsel's in some places. A big marble like stage was at the side, where the hosts stood, speaking to the party. A little DJ table besides them and a massive food buffet opposite them. On the middle there was some kind of elevated flooring, being used as a dance floor right now by couples.

Arif and Laiba came on to the boat and were welcomed by a staff member on the entrance.
"Just in time, we sail in 2 minutes" she smiled to the couple.
She handed them a pamphlet and directed them into a seating area, where the stage was visible and allot of people were seated too. A waiter came around distributing drinks to all the seated people.
Taking the lemonade drink, the couple, like everyone else looked up to the stage.

"...and that's on that"
The hosts finished of some kind of a joke making the audience laugh "Hahaha".

"So, we would like to begin the couples competition, we will begin with the 'do you know your partner?' round, please all couples make your way to the floor"

The previously 'dance floor' was now arranged with back to back pairs of chairs.

"There's a competition wow!...we have to play common" Laiba pulled Arif along.

They sat down on one of the playing pairs of seats and a member of staff came around placing a sticker each on them. The sticker had a letter on them and each team had their individual letter, they were named 'team C'. They were each given a sheet to fill out and write answers before the host could ask the questions.

"So bare in mind only the top 5 teams qualify for the next round, so try your best!" The host announced.

Laiba elbowed Arif, "we best win" and he nodded in response.

The game began, starting with team A.

"What's your partner's favourite colour?"

"Orange?" The man answered, uncertainly.

"Wrong..oh dear that was a bad start
What is the your partners favourite food?" The host asked the girl now.

"Any oriental cuisine"

"He's given the answer Chinese, but that qualifies"
The questions as such continued and team A made 5 points.
Team B made 4 points and now it was their turn.

"So, we will start with the gentleman here...what is your partners best friends name?"

Laiba waited if he would get the answer right, they didn't really speak about these kind of things much.

"Bilal" he said smoothly.

"That is correct...now we ask the lady..how many girlfriends has your partner had before you"
And the crowd began 'ooooohing' at the controversial question.

Laiba was confident he had non, but the crowds reaction made her think again.
"Zero?" She answered.

"Oooh...that is absolutely correct!
What is the thing your partner likes best about you?"
The host asked Arif.

"Umm. I don't think there's much eh..haha. pass"

Laiba turned her head towards him she gave him a smiling nod as in 'for real?'.

"Okay, movining on, what does your partner like best about you?" the host questioned Laiba.

"my hair" she blurted out straight away.

"that I'm afraid too is wrong"

A few more questions were asked, were he got everything right and she got them all wrong, they were eliminated form the game, they couldn;t even make it pass the first round. It irked her.

Intekhaab✔️जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें