Chapter 14 - Aaftab (آفتاب‎)

The sun pierced through the layers of the long curtains covering the huge arched window of the new couples room. Rays which managed to tackle past the curtains made their way to the sleeping brides face tickling her awake.

Nayi subah ne naye nawele jorey ka Aaftab ki kirno se istaqbaal kiya.

Laiba woke up to find a her weight spread over a body. For a minute she jumped. But then calmed down the next second. Seeing Arif still asleep she lifted of the bed. She looked down at her Lengha and straightens the creases. The whole of yesterday was hectic and she felt like she didn't have enough time to admire her outfit. She searched for her dupatta and found it folded set on the bedside table. She lifted it up and and spread it over her shoulder. She made her way to the long mirror next to the wardrobe doors. And began checking herself out. Posing a little she then put her hands on her lengha and flowed it about, twirling a little, admiring the beautiful material. It felt like she was in a Bollywood movie to her, standing in a beautiful material floating around her. She giggled liking the look.

Unknown to her, Arif had woken up, he silently yawned and woke up to the dreamy site of her twirling around.

She stopped twirling when her eyes caught his staring at her. She let out a nervous laughter as he smiled back at her.

"Asalamulaykum" he said, clearing the nervous air.

"Walaykumasalam" she smiled back.
"Me pehle nahalu?" She asked, still treating it like it's just his room and as if she needed to take permission before using anything here.

"Sure" he smiled back and lay back down letting his eyes rest for a little longer.
Just as he was about to shut his eyes his phone began pinging with messages. He picked it up and it was messages of people congratulating him and some were photos of yesterday.

A particular picture caught his attention. It was a picture of Laiba staring at him whilst he spoke to someone seated next to him. Her eyes held a worry in them whilst she looked. He chuckled lightly, she was scared of this relationship and he knew it. He was willing to prove all her fears wrong.

A while later she came out showered and dressed and walked towards the dressing table putting on some jewellery. Suddenly she took a sharp turn his way.

"Kya?" She asked him.

"Kya, kya?"

"Ghoor kyu rahe hein"

"Apni biwi ko dekh bhi nahi sakta abh?"

"Nahi" she sassily flicked her hair back. And he chuckled.

"Acha nahi dekhraha" he laughed grabbing his things off to shower.

———
"Kaha rehgaye beta kab se sab intezaar karahe hein, Humein tho laga Laiba tayar hone me time lagaygi, Lekin woh bhi kabki neche agayi aur ap abh arein hein" Qirat taunts Arif as he just came to the breakfast table.

The whole family was waiting for the couple, Laiba had joined them a while ago whilst Arif was still showering.

"Bus mumanijaan kya bataon me inke tho beauty bath hi nahi khatham horahe, sajney sawarne me itna waqt..toba toba " Laiba deamatically nodded her head.

Whilst everyone enjoyed the saas-bahu bashing Arif.

"Waqai bhai apne Laiba ka bhi record tordiya...kya krdiya tumne mere bhai ko" Bilal dramatically shook Laibas shoulders.

"Ammi. Yeh dekho abhi bhi kitna tang kara hai mujhe..isko samjhao abh me bari hu aur mar bhi sakti hu ise" laiba complained to Falak about Bilal.

Falak had come over with a heavy traditional breakfast. The traditionally first day breakfast which is brought by the brides side.

"Chalo Bismillah karo sabh" Zaakir said ordering everyone to eat.

Everyone was starved by yesterday so dug into  the heavy breakfast.

Laiba sat in between her mother and mother in law. Opposite to them sat Bilal and Arif. Whilst Zaakir sat in his seat, at the head of the table.

Mid eating laiba turned to her mother and complained.
"Ammi Abba kyu nahi aye?..unseh kehna me naraz hu unse..ek din nahi hua meri shaadi ko aur woh mujhe bhool gaye".

"Beta is rasm me Abba nahi atey"

"Mujhe nahi patah..bus unse kehna me naraz thi bari"

"Beta ese nahi kehna chahiye...Wese bhi apke mamujaan tho hein na yahan, woh bhi tho apke baba hein abh" Qirat lulled.

"Woh tho hein, mamujaan mere sabase ache" laiba smiled at her uncle whilst grabbing a carrot from his plate, giving him a giddy smile.

A little more conversation was made at the breakfast table and it was decided that the couple would leave for their honeymoon day after tomorrow.
——

Falak had gone home. It was nearing evening now and everyone had retreated to their rooms to rest a little. The wedding had tired them all and rest was much needed.

Laiba was her normal self throughout the day. But the minute she stepped into her room she became the new weirdly quiet Laiba again.

"Laiba..come here" Arif called her, tapping the place besides him on the bed as he sorted some papers.

"Hmm yeah" she smiled still acting 'normal', which she evidently wasn't.

She sat and looked into the papers he was sorting. They were some work relate to papers and she easily lost interest in them and began playing with her wedding ring.

"Where'd you want to go then? I'm sure tumari tho bari farmaishe hongi" Arif smiled, asking about the honeymoon they were to go on.

"Kya matlab? Nahi honi chahiye kya?" She retorted.

"Arey nahi nahi, zaroor honi chahiye"

"Well. Sach kahu tho nahi hai..matlab..ok dekho bura nahi manana..Lekin mujhe esa ajeeb lagra hai sochke ke you know bus hum dono chalyjaye kahi..like it's weird..."

"Laiba I'm your husband"

"I know I know jabhi tho ajeeb lagra hai..I.."

"Do you not trust me?"

"Huh..no..I mean no it's not like that obviously I trust you but it's just a little weird.."

"Laiba, I'm trying really hard to understand you, but I can't..what is it..koi baat hai tho batao mujhe"

"Me...mujhe lagta hai shayad humne shaadi me kuch jaldi kardi....like mujhe ghalt na samjhein I'm sure aap bohat achey hein aur apse acha shyad koi or na ho mere liye bus me tayar nahi abhi you know sab shaadishuda wali cheezo ke liye"

Her voice quietened towards the end.
He held her hands in his making her look up at him.

"And that's alright. I know you aren't, and I'm not pressurising you to do anything until you're ready. I just want you to be the real you freely, that's the Laiba I love best...yeh wali bhi zyada buri nahi par that ones by favourite" he joked easing the environment.

"Thanks..ap sachi me bohat achey ho..Lekin apse ek shikwa mujhe raheyga humesha...apki wajah se mene apne jaan se pyare baal qurban krdiye" she made a face.

And he ruffled her hair.

——-
A/N;

It's been a while 🤓 lol.

Sorry guys but I'm not even going to lie I really think mere double updates ko nazr lagayi 😂.
Kher abh wapis agaye he hum..let's hope der aye drust aye wali baat hojaye.

🥸

Intekhaab✔️जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें