Naruto then used his hands to boost his speed as he kicked Sasuke on his chest with both of his legs, causing him to go flying and fall at a distance. Naruto then rushed towards him with balled fists, and Sasuke closed his eyes preparing for the punch. But the punch never came. He opened his eyes and saw Naruto's face hovering over his.

"Wake up teme," said Naruto cheerfully as he poked his head like his brother used to do. At that moment Sasuke felt as if Naruto was one of his family.

"Come over here and make a unison sign," said Iruka. Sasuke got up and went towards Naruto.

"He cheated," yelled Ino.

"That was unfair," yelled Sakura.

"SHUT UP! He was completely fair and won because he was better than me," yelled Sasuke.

There was complete silence. Never had anyone seen Sasuke yelling.

"Thanks, Sasuke," muttered Naruto as he and Sasuke made the unison sign.

"Hn," said Sasuke.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Naruto was practicing in training ground three when Sasuke approached him.

"Dobe, how are you so strong?" asked Sasuke.

"Oh hey Sasuke," said Naruto as he approached him.

"How are you so strong?" repeated Sasuke.

"Because I train?" replied Naruto in a confused tone.

"I do too, but I am not on your level. I want to become strong," said Sasuke in a serious tone, and Naruto somehow understood.

"Why do you want to become strong?" asked Naruto.

"I want revenge," said Sasuke.

"Then you will never become truly strong," said Naruto.

"WHY!" yelled Sasuke.

"Come with me," said Naruto.

"Where?" asked Sasuke, confused.

"Just come," said Naruto as he ran off.

A few minutes later, Naruto and Sasuke were sitting on the top of the stone face of the fourth Hokage.

"What do you see?" asked Naruto.

Sasuke looked at the village, and for a moment he was in awe.

"Our village," said Sasuke quietly.

"How is it?" asked Naruto.

"Beautiful," said Sasuke begrudgingly. He didn't want to use that word, but that's how the village looked.

"I am strong because I want to protect it," said Naruto.

"Why? They hate you. They hate you much more than they hate me," said Sasuke.

"Well, hate is an understatement. Once a few of them ganged up on me and stabbed, cut, and poured liquor on me. If the Dog of the Anbu had not come, they would have burnt me," said Naruto with a chuckle.

"How can you laugh? Don't you feel hate?" asked Sasuke.

"I do. But I know that they are blinded by hate themselves. I don't want to kill them or destroy them, I want to finish their hate. I want to prove to them that I am worth something," said Naruto.

"You can only truly become strong when you want to protect what you love and care for. Hate and revenge can only take you so far," said Naruto after a pause.

"What do you love?" asked Sasuke.

"I love this village, I care about Hinata, Hanabi, Iruka sensei, Hokage Jiji, Teuchi, Ayame. I don't want others to go through what I did. So please give up on revenge," said Naruto.

"Are you telling me to forgive and forget?" asked Sasuke angrily.

"NO! I am asking you to stop focusing on revenge. Forget revenge. Start making friends and become strong with them. Stop thinking for yourself and start thinking for others," said Naruto.

"It's easy to say," said Sasuke.

"There is no easy way to become strong," said Naruto, and Sasuke nodded.

"Come on, I will show you the best things in the village," said Naruto.

They first went to Ichiraku where Naruto treated him to ramen. They then went to the Hokage's office. After that, Naruto took Sasuke to a clearing where they both used stones to practice targeting.

"So Sasuke, what do you think?" asked Naruto.

"Thanks, Dobe," he muttered.

"Welcome Teme," replied Naruto cheerfully.

"By the way why do the villagers hate you?" asked Sasuke.

'Kurama should we tell him?" asked Naruto.

"I think we can trust him. I mean he is not showing it but his chakra is oozing out gratitude," said Kurama.

"Let me tell you a story," said Naruto as he explained what all happened.

"WHAT!" yelled Sasuke as the story ended.

"Yeah," said Naruto.

"Naruto, I am sorry," said Sasuke teary-eyed.

"Why?" asked Naruto.

"Whenever I saw you excluded, I wanted to come to you, help you. Whenever I saw you pulling a stupid prank, I thought you were a baka, but at the same time, I felt relieved. I started to see my family. But I wanted to escape it as I saw it as a weakness. Yet here I am," said Sasuke.

"S-s-shut up Teme. It's not like you to talk like this. You want to make me cry?" asked Naruto.

"Shut up," said Sasuke.

"Come tomorrow. I am going to help you with your training," said Naruto.

"Yeah, we only have two years before you go for your mission or whatever," said Sasuke.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Naruto was currently outside Hyuga's residence. As he entered, a few people noticed him, but instead of the glares others gave him, they smiled at him which he returned.

"Hitome san, Hiashi sama," greeted Naruto.

"Oh hi, Naruto. Come in," said Hitome.

"Aniki," yelled Hanabi with glee.

"Firecracker chan, how are you?" asked Naruto.

"I am fine," she said happily.

"N-Naruto Kun," stuttered Hinata.

"Hi Hime chan," said Naruto smiling, causing Hinata to turn red and Hiashi to choke on water. Seeing their reaction, both Hanabi and Hotome burst into laughter.

"What happened?" asked Naruto densely.

"Seriously Naruto? You are as dense as your mom," said Hitome.

"That reminds me! Bye I need to go to the compound," said Naruto as he took off.

"Seriously? Speed of the yellow flash and excitement of the red-hot habanero. It makes him deadly. And seriously, blonde hair and blue eyes. How did we not notice? No one had that shade of yellow in Konoha other than Minato," said Hiashi.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sasuke was walking towards his home when an image he had tried to suppress came into his mind. He ran towards a dustbin as he vomited.

'Was it really him?' he thought as tears came into his eyes.