Chapter 50

It was morning, and the shinobi on patrol were confused as to why a girl was sleeping on a bench.

"Hey, wake up," tried a shinobi to wake her up.

"Huh? Wha- OH NO!" Sakura said as she rushed to the Hokage tower.

"TSUNADE SAMA! SASUKE HAS ABANDONED THE VILLAGE!" she yelled.

"WHAT!" gasped Tsunade, as she faked being shocked.

"Anbu! Bring me Naruto and Shikamaru," said Tsunade.

The Anbu left, and a few minutes later they both were in the office.

"Obaa chan?" asked Naruto.

"Sasuke deserted the village. Sakura told me that he has gone with Orochimaru," said Tsunade.

"What! H-he wouldn't do that, right?" asked Naruto to Shikamaru.

"I-I was expecting this," said Shikamaru.

"Huh?" said both Sakura and Naruto.

"Come on! Itachi killed his whole clan! And then he used Tsukuyomi on him, and don't know how he tortured him. He will want revenge," said Shikamaru.

"But that's not how you get it!" said Naruto.

"He doesn't care," said Shikamaru.

"You both are on an official A-rank mission to eliminate all the shinobi he was with unless they are affiliated with any other village than sound, and bring back Sasuke alive," said Tsunade.

"Yes Hokage sama," said Naruto.

"I will be sending backup," said Tsunade.

"Shikamaru, meet me at the gates in 15 min," said Naruto as he disappeared in a yellow flash.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Naruto and Shikamaru were standing in front of the gates, with Naruto trying to locate Sasuke.

'Teme, where are you?' asked Naruto using the seal.

'West, about 37km. I m currently inside a... kind of a bucket or whatever it is... uh yeah, drum, getting the cursed seal in a very painful way,' replied Sasuke.

"Shikamaru, he is 37km west," said Naruto.

"Right, let's go," said Shikamaru.

Before they could go, however, Sakura stopped them.

"N-Naruto, please try to bring him back. He is too dead-set," said Sakura.

"Sakura-chan, even if he doesn't come back today, he will someday. Knowing him, he will just use Orochimaru, and will never betray Konoha," said Naruto.

"T-thank you Naruto," said Sakura.

"I will try my best," said Naruto as he gave her his signature smile.

"Let's go," said Shikamaru as he jumped.

"Say, do you have something prepared?" asked Naruto.

"Yup. I figured that they would most likely head towards hidden Grass village so I did some preparations," said Shikamaru.

"What kind?" asked Naruto.

"Nothing much, but the area's deep forests with a lot of shadows, so things are in my favor," said Shikamaru.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sound four had a run-in with two Konoha jonin and what followed was a four vs two battle.