Chapter 10

'Is it too late to sign up for gen ed?' Izuku thought as he tried to navigate the halls of U.A. Considering how many times that he's gone through these halls as a villain, hero, and student, he should know the layout by now. But he didn't. Cursing out loud to himself, he chewed on the inside of his cheek, searching for a landmark to remember. But of course, his brain just had to fail him at that moment.

He wasn't wearing his blue contacts, and he had deleted his other persona from any files, replacing them with himself, Izuku Midorya. Now, he would start to wear the contacts on his vigilante runs, to confuse any heroes chasing after him. Eventually, he found himself in front of the door to the teacher's lounge, furious at himself for not remembering the maze of a school.

He brought his hand up and knocked on the door. To his joy and horror, Presentation Michael opened the door, in his full hero costume that made him look like the musician version of a cockatoo. Mic looked down at him, and Izuku swallowed as a flash of slight recognition crossed yellow tinted eyes. A grin settled on Mic's face, "Heya, little listener! What do you need help with?"

Izuku cleared his throat, hoping he didn't look like too much of a fanboy with how nervous he seemed. "I c-couldn't find my way to the principal's office, s-so I went here..." He stuttered through his sentence, looking up at the hero. Mic nodded, and yet Izuku knew that he was on edge. 'Why wouldn't he be? The school doesn't start for another four days.'

Mic stepped forward, and Izuku stepped back, as the hero closed the door behind him and gestured for Izuku to follow him. "Alrighty, let's go, little listener. What's your name?" The green-haired boy looked up at the same time that Mic looked at him, the two of them walking side by side. Izuku stuttered for a moment before clearing his throat.

"I-Izuku Midorya, sir." He said, his hands fiddling with the strap of the messenger bag that swung at his side. How should he go about this? Could he even be able to trick Nedzu? Would he have to tell the chimera about his quirk? That would be difficult. His mind drifted to when he informed Shigaraki about his quirk. He had reacted so calmly that he wondered if the other knew already.

He was very good at playing Minecraft, though, and said that Izuku had to go back later today so that they could continue their survival world.

The teen hadn't realized that they made it to the office until a hand was waved in his face, and he straightened up. 'I can do this.' He raised a hand to knock on the door, but it swung open before he could make contact with it. Izuku looked down to meet the animals twinkling eyes, and he offered a hesitant smile in exchange for the bright, cheerful one. Mic walked off, saying something about getting caught up on grading.

Looking past the smaller creature, he noticed a skeletal figure sitting in one of the seats, his eyes widening as he recognized the tall person. 'Oh, no.' It seems that Toshinori recognized him as well, his eyes flashing with the same recognition that Present Mic's had.

Nedzu smiled up at Izuku, and lead him inside, Izuku shutting the door behind him as he took a seat. Nedzu hummed as he sat behind his desk, folding his furry little paws on the wooden structure. "Midorya, this is Toshinori Yagi, All Might's secretary. You might see him around U.A. quite a bit."

The green-haired boy inhaled deeply, making eye contact with the other male, who was sweatdropping. "We've met before." His words came out more cold than he wished, and Toshinori grimaced as Izuku recalled the time spent on the rooftop. Nedzu seemed to acknowledge the tension between the two, as Toshinori remembered a news report talking about a car crash.

That's why the last name was familiar. His mother had died. Toshinori felt a pang of empathy hit his heart as Izuku looked back at Nedzu. Nedzu smiled ever so cheerfully as he handed Izuku a paper. "I notice you had troubles navigating the halls, so here is a map." The broccoli boy thanked Nedzu quietly with a small stutter as he took the paper, and Nedzu hummed. "Since you will be working under me, you should know the layout of the school. When school starts, I expect you to have the school layout memorized one way or another."