Chapter 6

Izuku sighed as he let his forehead thud against the nearest wall. "How many more Noumus are there, Uravity?" He pressed a finger against his earpiece, and he heard his old classmate talk into his skull. "Three? Alright, I'll be on my way." He forced himself to stand, ignoring the gashes and bruises and broken bones. It had only been a month since he and the rest of his class graduated.

This was no longer a battle between heroes and villains. This was no longer a game with bosses and NPCs; This was a war of attrition.

The green-eyed man sighed and ran a hand through his curly green locks as he fired up One For All, leaping up and onto a roof, making a beeline to where Uravity had told him where she was. He arrived just in time, intercepting an attack from a powerful Noumu. "Need a hand, Uravity?" He chuckled, making eye contact with the brown-eyed girl as she nodded, giving him a thumbs-up despite looking exhausted. She turned to another Noumu, sending it into outer space now that she had more room to breathe.

'Keep going, I just need to keep going,' Izuku thought while blocking and counterattacking another Noumus blow. 'I just need to find Shigaraki and get this over with. Get him in cuffs.' The man grunted as he was practically flung before he bounced back off of a building. He smashed the remaining Noumus heads together, obliterating the exposed brains. When Uravity gave him the signal to go help others, he nodded and sprinted off to where he could hear the telltale explosions of his childhood best friend.

When he threw himself into battle, he saw Shouto there as well. He panted, standing at the sidelines. "Hey, Ground Zero, Shouto! Do you guys need any help?"

"As if I need help from you, Deku! Go the fuck somewhere else and kick their asses!" Ah, Izuku would never forget his infamous nickname.

"We have it handled, Deku." Heterochromatic eyes glanced back at the bloodied and beaten man, and Izuku nodded, flashing them a thumbs up while smiling. Izuku took off, trying to see who else needed his help in this recent battle.

Everything was fine. Izuku's friends were fending the Noumus off easily. Izuku checked in with all of his coworkers before he went off on his own to hopefully track down where the Noumus were coming from. He ducked around a corner when he saw another wave of Noumus, peeking just slightly to see them emerging from a warehouse. His breathing hitched when he caught sight of the villains guarding the entrance.

Izuku ducked back around the corner, clenching his eyes shut as memories flooding his mind. Memories of his friends and past heroes bleeding out in front of him, being burnt alive, their limbs being turned into marbles, and leaving them as amputees. He released a shaky breath that he didn't know he had been holding in and shook his head. 'I can always just let someone kill me if something goes wrong. I can't reset the entire timeline, but I can set it back just a little farther to save anyone that I can.'

This time loop's death was by far the most painful. Surrounded by villains, already bleeding and broken, staggering as he continued to fight. "Uravity, Ground Zero, Shouto, can I get some backup?" He pressed against his earpiece to talk to his friends. Nothing. He grimaced as he feared the worst may have happened to them, no longer being able to hear anything coming from his earpiece, only static. He sighed and forced his right eye to look at the villains with Noumus standing to their sides, his left vision caked in red and black.

Dabi had blue flames calmly licking at his arms that were crossed, a small cocky grin spreading across his lips at the sight of defeat in Izuku's eyes. Toga was bouncing happily up and down, a crazed smile showing her fangs as she held a knife in one hand. Izuku tried to wipe the blood away from his eyes as it trickled, making his vision red. He narrowly dodged a slash of fire and rubbed at his left eye, realizing he couldn't see anything out of it. The villains approached Izuku, and grim defeat settled in his stomach when Noumus made a barrier around them. This was going to hurt.