Chapter 12

You know, maybe some god had it out for Izuku. Maybe, possibly, he pissed off the wrong guy in the luck department, or perhaps, he just managed to be here at the wrong place at the wrong time. Maybe, you know, luck should be on his side, hm? Do you ever think of that, luck?

Nonetheless, he was having a rough time. One would even consider this moment to be unfortunate. Regardless of luck and how unfortunate this is, he was injured. Pretty damn badly, although he would never admit to that.

He doesn't know what the hell it was, maybe it was a knife, or the person he was fighting had some secret quirk that made them have claws, but he was bleeding out of the shoulder pretty fast, the damn wound only slowing slightly.

Many problems were at hand here. One, Izuku was way too far from home to try and walk or even run there, which was possibly one of the more dangerous problems. Two, he knew that several heroes would be coming down this street or in the area in approximately three minutes, which, while it didn't give him much time to work with, he's done better with worse before.

So, with gritted teeth and thankfulness for his pain tolerance, he poked his head out of the alleyway he was hiding out in, hand pressed against his bloodied shoulder, and scuttled across the street, walking as fast as he dared down the sidewalk, his visors using night vision.

'I've got to get home, asap. This is going to need stitches.'

The lightheadedness caught up to him in no time, the blood loss plus whatever poison was in what hit him making him dizzy. He ducked into the nearest alley, stumbling over his own feet as he settled into sitting down, leaning against a stone wall.

'Let's see if I die here. I'll just come back anyway if I do.'

'Now, where could you be, little vigilante?'

Sharp eyes, partially hidden behind a yellow-tinted visor, scanned the area from the sky, red wings a stark contrast against the dark sky illuminated by stars and the moon.

When the hero's eyes locked onto a figure walking across the street, he kept an eye on them, recognizing the outfit and humming under his breath. 'That was easier than I thought it'd be.'

Watching him walk into another alley sluggishly, Keigo swooped down, landing in front of the alley opening, walking in with his hands shoved into his pockets. Upon seeing Izuku's form slumped over, hand over his bloody shoulder, he tilted his head before an idea formed in his mind.

Satisfied with his thoughts, he scooped the vigilante up, walking out of the alley and opening his wings, taking off from the ground. 'First steps to gaining trust from anything is eating with them. and patching up wounds.'

Getting to his house quickly, he walked through the door, closing and locking it behind him, before making his way to the guest bedroom, snagging the first aid kit along the way.

Keigo set the vigilante down on the bed, removing the blanket and letting the sheets get stained. He didn't mind the sheets, a wound needed to get fixed. Taking the scissors, he cut around the suit sleeve as far up as he dared to go, plus down to remove the sleeve entirely.

As he disinfected the area, he found himself caught between taking off his mask and visors and not doing that out of earning the boy's respect. With nimble hands, he threaded the needle, tying it and quickly sewing the vigilante's flesh back together, steady and quick. When he was done, he wrapped the injury as needed before quickly looking for other wounds.

Upon seeing none, Keigo nodded to himself, setting the things back in the place they were and standing up, looking down at the illegal vigilante.

'It's just for his trust, that's all.' As he walked out of the room, he spared a second glance back at him. 'That's all.'