Chapter 1

Taeyong marched back to the black marble counter, grabbing one of the five pregnancy tests laid out, staring at its tiny screen.

Nothing.

"What if I actually have some disease and I'm wasting away right before your eyes?"

How many minutes had passed? Surely three minutes had passed by now. They should know by now.

"We should go to the hospital."

"Taeyong," Daehyun said, holding his hand out as he leaned against their porcelain tub. "It's been thirty seconds."

"Thirty seconds?" Taeyong gasped as he took Daehyun's hand and stood in between his legs, as Daehyun wrapped his muscular arms around his waist.

"You need to relax," Daehyun said in his low, calm voice. "You're fine."

Taeyong hummed as he brushed Daehyun's hair back; the hairs falling out of place, softening his sharp, alpha features.

"I know," Taeyong sighed out. "But if I'm not pregnant, we'll have to wait until my next heat." And six months from now was considered an inauspicious time for him, according to his New Year's reading.

"You know we don't have to wait," Daehyun smirked and leaned up, nuzzling Taeyong's jaw, nipping it. "I can get you pregnant anytime."

Giggling, Taeyong squeezed his arms, leaning into him. Since Taeyong got off birth control, the sex the past few weeks, even outside his heat, had been something else.

There was a sudden banging on the door. "Hyung! What's the result?"

Taeyong jumped back and pressed his hand to his chest. He frowned and marched to the door, swinging it open.

"What are you doing here?" He asked, staring down at Seunghyeon. Though, to his surprise, Myungsuk stood beside him, both brothers looking up at him curiously.

Seunghyeon shrugged and crossed his arms. "We wanna know if you're pregnant or not."

Taeyong's eyebrows shot up. "How—" He pouted and leaned in. "How do you know I'm checking?"

"You dropped the receipt on your way up," Myungsuk confessed, pulling out the convenience store receipt from his hoodie pocket.

Sighing, Taeyong pushed the door open and walked back to the counter. He glanced over. Still nothing. He turned around, leaning over the edge. "It hasn't been three minutes yet," he said and placed a hand on his stomach.

Seunghyeon padded over, leaning beside him, chuckling when he noticed the pregnancy tests lined up. "Did you seriously take five tests? Like in one go?" He laughed. "You're so weird. Doesn't each box come with two? Why not just take the sixth one too," he teased.

Taeyong rolled his eyes and smirked. "I left the last one for you."

Seunghyeon pursed his lips, and Taeyong stifled a laugh. "That's so rude. You know I'm careful," he said and let out a sigh, waving his hand. "Besides, this year, I'm going to be good."

"Oh? Really?" Taeyong nudged him. "I give you a month at most."

Seunghyeon sneered. "I have self-control."

"Both of you. That's enough." Daehyun scolded.

Taeyong bit his lip and hung his head. Though, he flicked his eyes at Seunghyeon and nudged him.

Myungsuk leaned against the tub next to Daehyun, rubbing the edge of his fingers together. "Are you excited, Hyung?"

Daehyun's face softened. "Very."