Extra: Wishes

12 years ago...

The car pulled up to the apartment entrance, and Daehyun zipped up his jacket and grabbed his duffle bag. "Thank you again for picking me up from the station."

"Not at all," Mr. Park said, turning around with a cheery grin. "We know how tiring it is travelling from a base. Plus finding your way in this weather—" He trailed off, gesturing to the howling snowstorm outside.

Mrs. Park's pearl earrings caught the light as she nodded in agreement. "Plus, the boys would fuss if we didn't get you here as soon as possible," she laughed. Daehyun cracked a smile and glanced out the window.

"We already have dinner for you guys. All you kids have to do is set the table. We'll try to be home soon," Mr. Park added. "We'll keep you updated."

"Sounds good," Daehyun said and braced himself. "Hope you two have a good time," he added before stepping out of the car.

The icy wind swirled around him, and he groaned; the few steps already had the tips of his ears aching. Stepping into the heated lobby, Daehyun thawed out.

Heading up to the right floor and down the hall. The six-hour train from the military base to Seoul had been worth it. Nothing was more enticing than a home-cooked meal, a warm bed, and different company.

Daehyun rang the bell, hearing the quick patter of feet.

"Who is it?" Called out a small voice. Daehyun couldn't help but smile.

"It's Daehyun-hyung."

With an audible gasp and a minute of fumbling noises, the door swung open.

"Hi, Hyung!" Myungsuk cooed, grinning with wide eyes behind his glasses and curly bangs.

"Hello, Myungsuk," Daehyun said as he stepped in and took his shoes off. Myungsuk closed the door and strategically used the shoehorn to close the locks out of his reach— which was all of them. Myungsuk was up to his waist, but that didn't stop the little omega from impressing him.

Myungsuk set the shoehorn down and spun around, promptly holding his arms out.

Dropping his bag, Daehyun scooped him up, chuckling as Myungsuk rubbed his hands over his hair. "It's still spiky," he said, scrunching up his nose.

"My hair grows pretty slow. It's only been four months," Daehyun said, brushing his hand over his head. It was still too short for his liking, but at least he didn't have that horrible buzz cut anymore.

"My hair grew too. See," Myungsuk cooed and pulled down one of his curly strands straight.

Before Daehyun could answer, a shrill shriek burst through the house and Myungsuk's hair sprang back as he slapped his hands over his ears, whining.

Daehyun patted Myungsuk's back as he followed the second and third scream.

Opening the door to the dark living room, he flicked on the lights. "What's going on here?"

Seunghyeon was squeezed into the corner, his head snapping up and staring at him bug-eyed. A few feet from him, hunched over and his face covered by his hair, Taeyong froze.

Slowly looking over his shoulder, Taeyong parted his curtain of hair, revealing his sheepish grin, his braces catching the light. "You're here," he said with a meek cheer. Daehyun raised his eyebrow.

Seunghyeon's shock subsided, and he sprinted towards him, skidding around to hide behind him. "Daehyun-hyung, Hyung's bullying me!" Seunghyeon yelled.